Posts by kennethvdw

So you are saying I should buy a 4x Jeep instead of the KPA :D

I will maybe try to find a KPA first for testing.
    Else I will buy the powered KPA like you said, better give a little more and regret it never than spending less and regretting it.
    Thanks everyone.

Ok, I understand powered is better to have then wanting it and don't have.
    But could you please explain in which cases I would need it but I don't have it?

Most of the gigs I have have either no PA, so unpowered KPA + Yamaha would be sufficient?
    Or it has PA and I can just plugin the KPA to the FOH and a monitor on stage to the band (or i can even use my own Yamaha?)

Thanks everyone for your answers.
    The pushing air and "amp in room"-feel I don't really have at the moment so in that matter it is very sure ok.
    And also never played on a cab before so don't have experience or can compare.

I will go for the unpowered KPA and a Yamaha DRX10.
    Cheers

Hi everyone,
    I'm very eager of buying a KPA but i'm a total noob on basically everything amp-related.
    At the moment I just have a Spider II 112 (75w) so I know nothing about cabinets and most things I read here are Chinese for me.
    So basically, I'm looking for something I can use at home, for recording, for rehearsing and live and this is budget-wise the perfect investment for this. (metal dropped a or b tuning)
    Rehearsing is without PA and live gigs are also possible with limited PA (only mics, drum snare, kick, no guitars/bass)

Keeping that mind, what would be the best overall setup?
    What I've read, I have 2 options (head looks better option than rack for me):
    1. Non-powered head with Yamaha DRX10 (or something like this) (is this viable on-stage both with or without PA and in rehearsal?)
    2. Powered-head with ..... (I have no idea what to fill in here)

I have searched many topics but I'm still doubting, probably because I sometimes don't understand what was written.

What would your suggestions be for a total noob?
    Thanks a lot.