Posts by ccotton

I recently updated my Kemper power lunchbox. It's been a LONG time coming since it's my live rig and I go by the ancient, "if it's not broken, don't fix it," creed. I'm betting it's been around 1yr since I had updated before now. My whole reason for updating was that I was having some power amp issues. Sounds like the power amp is dying and so, it was broken, let's try to fix it. We had a gig coming so, I moved from my onboard kemper power amp to one we had for our PA. Everything seemed good before my update but since I've done said update, my volume seems much quieter. I didn't change any settings in the Kemper once it was updated.

I have all of my output volumes linked so that when I turn the master volume, they all move. Normally that's right at -14.2 db and my external power amp has been right at or even slightly under the 12 o'clock position. After my update I had my master volume set to -11.0 and my power amp almost to the 3 o'clock position or 1/4 more than normal. I'm on release 8.6.2.32267 currently.

Are there any ideas of items that may have changed in this release that would cause such a dramatic volume loss?

I am also having this issue but it seems to be a little more than just sluggish. I just updated to all the latest non-beta versions both RM and the Kemper firmware. Everything goes well for a bit but then when switching rigs from RM it'll be sluggish to switch on the kemper. Like 10 seconds or so. As I continue to switch rigs the lag can get longer or just stay the same. Then, the kemper just locks up. I can't change rigs. The kemper won't let me change settings at all. It just doesn't respond. I turn the switch over to off but the "shutting down" screen doesn't come up. Power just shuts off. Unplugging the USB makes no difference for me. It did this to me three times today. When I turned it back on twice it was still locked up. It finally came out of deep freeze by unplugging the USB while the kemper was off, closing rig manager, and then turning on the kemper.

Driving me crazy.

I've had my powerhead now for around 3 months or so. I finally got around to trying to profile my amps. I reference everything in the manual to make sure I'm setting it up correctly and turn the chicken head knob over to profiler mode annnnnnnnnnnnd nothing happens. The screen stays on whichever mode the amp was previously in. If it was in Browser Mode and I switch it over to Profiler Mode then the screen still shows browser mode and never changes.

Do I have settings not set right? Something plugged in wrong? Or is my Kemper Defective?