Posts by nejo_hh

The best way to convert a cab IR of a certain length and sample rate to a cab IR of different length and/or sample rate is definitely not to truncate (and/or resample) the original. If it's just the EQ you are after -- i.e. time-based information is of no importance as with pure cabs (no predelay, no reflections) -- you better construct the filter taps of the new IR from the frequency response of the original.

And regarding the filter length: Anything audible beyond a few 10ms will be perceived as being echoed/reverberated/smeared. Not to mention that large filters consume more computing power. So it is best to have your IR length as short as possible (i.e. with reasonable deviations from the desired frequency response).

If the frequency response curve of the original IR is sufficiently smooth 2048 filter taps @44.1kHz will accurately sample the curve at 10.77Hz intervals. I don't know if the Kemper Team follows the approach discussed here but I bet I may create [email protected] IRs from your original bass cab IRs which are considerably better than the truncated versions. :S

Cheers,

René

I just found out that the issue only affects the settings of Low Cut, High Cut and Volume. And this behaviour seems to be intended as the documentation on this reads (emphasis by me)

The “Mix” parameter is common to all the equalizers, and controls the impact of all the EQ bands combined.

Marked case as solved. Nevertheless, I would like to see at least the parameters Low Cut and High Cut to be also affected by the Mix setting.

Yeah, but I don't miss the old delay preset that much.

The real problem was that the import of all of my stuff completely failed. And as Google didn't know an answer it was a lot of trial and error to find out what was going wrong.

Just wanted to let other users know what the cause of such error is and what they can do. And hopefully, in a few days you can ask Google...

Importing pre-4.0 delay presets via USB stick/Shared folder fails with the message "An unknown error has occurred". This holds even true for pre-4.0 factory delay presets. All OS versions since 4.0 seem to be affected by this bug. Pre-4.0 delays as part of rigs and presets of the effect section cause no problems.

So if you try to import a set of rigs and presets be aware that just one pre-4.0 delay preset in the shared folder will make you sad.

Cheers, René