Posts by eddieM

Hi,

since I have some Fuzzpedals, which I love (and which I boost sometimes with a second OD or Booster), I'd like to use them with my Kemper, putting them in signal-chain before the Kemper. I didn't have satisfieing results yet - could someone recomend me a profile, which takes external pedals well - or do I have to adjust some Kemper settings in a special way to use external ODs/Fuzzes?

Hi, and sorry, if this question has been answered - I couldn't find the right answer yet.

I have set my Mission EP1 KP as a Wah-pedal in the system section and it works fine.

Is it possible, to assign the expression pedal to different functions in different performances - eg. as a Wah-pedal in performance 1 and an expression pedal for say pitch shifting in performance 2?

I am still running V. 3x as operating system.

Thank you so much sharing your thoughts OHG! I was just about to pull the trigger for a KPA, but happened to read your comment before. I have to overthink my decision deeply now - I honestly could see me fallen in the same trap! Thanks again!

As you know, what's good for one may not be good for all. Everyone raves about MBritt's profiles, but I haven't found a single distortion profile of his that doesn't sound way too muddy or dark for me. Not to say they aren't good. They must be with all who compliment them. Just emphasizing my original point.

Same here, but - for me the number one profile for cleans and blues/rock stuff (no hugh gain) are M.Britts "Colonial" profiles - they give me all I need currently, and I play mostly with hmbuckers.

Hello,

you can store your rig and the current complete stomp-section as a preset - but where can I find this stored preset of the stomop-section to assign it to another rig? I tried to find this in the manual, but didn't succeed.

Could youl please give me a hint?

Hello,

I want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts - each of this posts was very helpful for me to make things clear.

For now I will stay with the Yamaha DXR - I got a new one for a good price - and will spend my time to figure it out combined with a new non powered Kemper.
    Maybe, when I am more familiar with the Kemper and it comes to more gigging, I might consider the Matrix-way, who knows.

I went to a band-jamming yesterdy first time using a KPA, and, though I have to do some adjustments and improvings, it worked out really well and the other guys and I were convinced about the sound. So I will give it a go!

Cheers!

Well, I ordered a non powered head together with a Yamaha DXR 10.
    My first impression was mixed, but after spending a couple of time, I could dial in decent sounds, both, running it through the power section of my tube amp into a normal cab as well as running it into the DXR10.

I decided to return the Kemper Head, cause it was a B-Sock-device, and want to get a new "virgin" one.

For the Yamaha - I am not quite sure. It sounds all right with overdriven sounds but a bit boxy and when I palm mute the lower strings on distortion sounds, it is a bit muddy and boomy. Maybe I do something wrong.

No I am considering:

1. Getting a non powered head again, keep the Yamaha for a decent sound on a reasonable budget - or upgrade to a RCF NX N12-sma, which was recomenden by Kemper-Support or a Matrix Q12A - which I would expect to be an improvement over the Yamaha DXR10 (which might be a wrong imagination - please teach me your experience).

2. Getting a non powered head and get a Matrix GT1000FX and a Matrix CFR12 (which would be more expensive) - I heard good things about this power amp, but no
    experience.

3. Getting a Powerhead and a Matrix CFR12, which gives me also the option to use a regular Cabinet (which I actually want to avoid for practical reasons and I
    understand the logic of FRFR-System together with the Kemper).

I like my tube amp, but I joined a project (kind of funk-reggae hip-hop-fusion-experimental electronic mixture), where they asked me to play straight into the PA - and I thought, the Kemper might be a good solution for that. But I want to have my sound in a separate monitor/cabinet.

Don't bash me for these questions, I know, there are some threads concerning some of these topics, but I could't get the right answer yet and I rather have a headache when I try to reflect pros and cons - and hardly any experience with Kemper and FRFR/PA-systems. I want to have a light weighted, easy going system.

So if you would like to share your thoughts an arguments, it might help me to decide. If not, I apologize for taking your time.