Posts by Jklotz

Oh, and I forgot to mention I know nothing about the PA or the club we are playing. It's a med sized venue. A lot of times, in smaller clubs/bars, we tend to just run vocs & acoustic guitars through the PA, controlling our amp levels from stage. I need to be prepared for either scenerio for friday.

Thanks

Hi guys. I'm 4 days in now, and having a lot of fun with the kpa. I've already found several profiles that work really well for me.

So we have a gig Friday, (2 days from now) and I think I'd like to give it a go. It's a powered toaster. I'll prob use my 2x12 cab, as I've not had time to reaserch/get a ftft solution yet.

I have the 5 profiles I plan to use loaded into a song in performance mode. I'll have a Kemper floor cont. tomorrow, but I'm sure it will switch just fine. I'm happy with the sounds I'm getting. I just have a fear that there is something else I need to do to pull this thing off.

So what else will I need to do? We are a pretty straight ahead "americana" type band, so no crazy effects. Is there some adjustment buried in the menus that will/could burn me?

Also, am I nuts for trying to get it out so quickly? Would you recomend waiting until I "master" the operation of the unit?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome.

Quick question: The profile I made is really bright and snappy when I'm on the bridge pickup, and sounds a lot like the amp does. But it muddies up when I go to the middle/neck position, which the amp does not do. I've noticed this on some other profiles as well. Did I do something wrong when I made the profile?

Thanks!

Hi guys, just got my KPA last week, and having a blast with it. I've downloaded a ton of great profiles from you guys, so I though I'd make a little contribution of my own.

So here's my 1st profile, an Allen Chihuahua. Love this little thing for sparkling bf type 6L6 cleans! Oh, and please do let me know how I did. I think it's really good, but, like I said, I'm still pretty new to all this, so maybe it stinks and I just don't know it.

BTW, I play a lot of country, so I did this with a tele and some slapback delay. Should be awesome for sc strat/tele kind of playing, especially if you like to pop those 3 lower strings.

Thanks!