Posts by JedMckenna

It takes time to get used to in-ear, it freaked me out my first couple of times. I remember one of the first TV show I did, I spent the following 2 weeks before it aired crying and believing my tone and volume balance were terrible. When it finally aired, I thought it sounded amazing! The important thing is to trust that the sound is good up front, then not let it mess with how you play or perform. Good quality/custom ear molded earbuds make a big difference as some of my colleagues suggested.

Hello folks,

Just got a Mission EP-1 (no toe switch) and been trying to connect it to the remote by searching through the forum for the last few hours. I can't get it to respond (I want to use it as master volume pedal for now), but it's the first time I use an expression pedal so chances are I'm just clueless.

Main newbie question: do I need a special cable or a standard 1/4" pedal jack would work? (this might just be what I'm doing wrong)

Thanks,
    G

You have 3 ways of doing this, as it's been said:

1. Hold the stomp button and Copy/Paste the entire stomp section
    2. Save your stomp as a preset, load the preset on another rig
    3. "Lock" the stomp section with your presets (if you don't want to have it lock all the time for everything, go to your other rig(s), save the rig with the locked components, then unlock).

Welcome,

Personally I moved all factory rigs on a folder in Rig Manager, then deleted everything from the profiler to start from scratch. I found the stuff on Rig Exchange to be hit and miss (there's many gems on there though especially for the style you mentioned). That being said, one night I took 2 hours tweaking to perfection my favorite amp from RE and realized a stock commercial profile was better straight out of the box, therefore I figured I'd just save time and load on a few commercial profiles from that seller. About that, it's definitely quality over quantity.

I put my favorite rigs in the profiler (browse mode), then organize rigs in group of 5 in performance mode by amplifier type (i.e 1 Deluxe clean, 2 Deluxe break up, 3 Deluxe crunch, 4 Deluxe solo clean, 5 Deluxe solo overdrive). I have just 3 amplifier type loaded and well tweaked at the moment, (a Bassman, a Marshall and a Two Rock) and that covers pretty much everything I need these days but I have many more awesome amps waiting to be loaded and tweaked in the future. Then, I also keep a folder with a picture of each amp loaded (I find when you see visually what you have, it's easier to see what's at your disposal or what else you might need for a specific gig).

Another big thing I've discovered recently is that instead of loading a profile with more gain, the result is sometimes better with a profile with less gain and a stomp (Green scream or Mouse) mixed in (mix % button), so experiment like that. Then, if you use it live, make sure you listen to your stuff and tweak it at stage volume using speakers that won't color the sound too much; if you skip that part you might end having a bad surprise when you plug in a random PA system/speakers.

I totally understand where OP comes from, still often dragging my amp to gigs like a dinosaur. I notice the modelling game can quickly provide gratifying sounds in an isolated situation but by playing through this all the time, I guess many players become unaware or de-sensitized to where their instrument needs to fit in the frequency spectrum. I just spent a few days going through stuff on RE and I am surprised to see how so many rigs, despite high ratings, are just not tailored to sit well in a live mix. Some of us would learn a lot about this by listening to isolated guitar tracks in well-known recordings. This is why when I see producers like M. Wagener doing profiles I try not to judge quickly and study his tweaks instead, these folks are world-class professional and their conception of how guitar is supposed to sound is super valuable.

Thanks so much, you just made me realize I could lock an entire section.

If you want the same FX constellation for all rigs except one, I'd lock stomps and FX.
    For that one rig I'd turn the FX off.

If I turn off the FX for that one rig though, it seems to turns off the FX for all other rigs as well (since it's locked.)

Hello everyone, been watching this forum for a while. Thrilled to finally join the discussion and community.

I am slowly getting used to my new Kemper and I am trying to figure out how to apply global stomp settings (like a collection of stomps/settings) that would affect all rigs. I think the LOCK is doing close to what I have in mind but I haven't found a way to not have it affect a particular rig.

Let say, how to proceed if one would want roughly the same collection of stomps in all rigs except one where, let's say, no delay or reverb. Would there be an other way to do that than applying settings to every rig individually? Wouldn't that be a useful feature to be able to subtract a specific module of a rig from the global settings of the LOCK function? Hope I'm not being confusing.

Thanks.