Posts by tranqb

Just another boring comparison from someone who owns all of the above and uses all of them in the studio and live.
    Yeah I sold a bunch of heads and cans to get the big 3.
    I use all of the, for studio and live work.
    I’ve been a musician ,guitarist, keyboard and horn player for 30 years.
    My dad was also a professional musician with his own Grammy winning music studio.
    Here’s my five cents
    I just want people who are planning to spend the money some information that may help make the decision on which unit to purchase.

Kemper
    1. Very easy to build a rig and optimize each component in the series.
    2. lot of control knobs for each of the critical adjusts on the fly
    3. Sounds you hear are real time profiles (recordings of your or someone elses amp run through algorithms) of the amp you want to capture.
    4. Infinite number of available free amps to load into Kemper....many impossible to purchase or find.
    5. Sound quality is superb and clarity of discreet notes jumps you into a real amp response environment
    6. IR’s are great and many more can be added via 3rd party
    7 very very good amp response to modulated playing soft to loud just like the amp,you profiled
    8 extremely honest and pro level effects in all categories
    9. The toaster version is light and complete to take to a gig no need for rack space
    10. No mutations or exogenous sound fragments for optimal recording

Fractal Axe
    1 very difficult to program with the software and dam near impossible with the unit only
    2 accepts 3 rd party IR
    3. Multiple ims and outs for adding stomp boxes
    4. Great sound quality after 10 billion hours dialing in your sound
    5. Worlds smallest screen to read
    6 FW upgrades every 10 seconds with claims of better replication of models
    7. Hard to buy because of poor inventory management
    8. The most expensive rig out of the pack
    9 rack mountable
    10 sound on par with Kemper in most categories

Line 6 Helix
    1 floor model delivers multiple stomp buttons and expression pedal plus 2 more external pedals
    2 the most ins and outs of the 3
    3 front headphone jack and volume.
    4 stupid simple to program
    5 GI is the best with capacity to create 4 separate rigs simultaneously and connect them to 4 separate amps
    6 capacitance touch switches to call up screen editing
    7 scribble strips for each switch which will label that switches effect or you can type anything for personalization
    8 light years ahead on sound quality and simplicity of editing or building you own rig
    9. Over 1000 slots for your created rigs
    10 snapshot mode yields multiple rig setups within an individual patch
    11. Phenomenal 3D sonic pleasure
    12. Built very sturdy from aluminum
    13 fast startup and shut down
    14 hands down the least expensive, easiest to program that delivers quality dual processor sound that is perfect for both
    Studio and live performance ..... :)