Posts by Tychomusic

I was wondering at what point an incoming signal is converted to digital. Is there a way to route an incoming signal from the front panel to the alt out or send out without it ever being converted to digital? I know there is a dry guitar out option on the alt main out but I can't find any information on whether that signal was converted before it is sent back out. Just trying to figure out whether to split the signal for a parallel path before the Kemper or inside of it, would like to avoid unnecessary conversions.
    Thanks

Just wondering, wouldn't going into the line input bypass the mic and DI input transformer and not get the full sound of the unit? not quite sure on this, would like to know because I want to start profiling my preamps and trying to find the best method. for now been going through the DI on the front.

awesome thanks for the info guys. tried it and having issues with distorting and levels, still trying to get a clean signal. and yes, for me the eq is what makes the 1073 as I generally don't use the mic pre. a boost around 820 does wonders for electric guitar.

Just got a Kemper, loving it. Was wondering if it was possible to profile my DI preamps? I'd like to get the sound on the road. I generally run my guitar signal DI through a Neve and get a lot of character and some eq on the way in. Can I make a profile for this? Is there a guide out there to the best way to go about profiling just a preamp?
    thanks