Posts by catthan

Thanks all.

I think @Ingolf covered it.
    One question about this approach;
    Using both inputs at the back of the KPA will give me left and right signals.
    What happens when the board does not have stereo aux sends?
    If I get a mono send into either of the alt. inputs it will send it either left or right in my IEMs. take 2 mono instead maybe?
    I have been scrolling through the menus in the KPA but I cannot find out how/ whether I can set either of the alt. inputs to mono so I can hear from both ears.

Hey All,

I am not very savvy when it comes to IEMs but I am looking for a 1u rack device that will:

Take a stereo/mono signal from desk
    Take mono or stereo signal from the KPA

Mix it into a stereo headphone out (IEMs)

A line mixer rack maybe? Do these have built in preamps or do I still need my IEM amp?
    I have read some do this via the KPA without any additional devices.

Can you please share your knowledge?

Thanks,
    TA

Hey all,

I am about to start building a website to promote myself as a session player (remote & studio) and would like to get some views on what potential customers would like to see in such a website.

So, please put your producer's / muso collaborator's hat on and take a few minutes to complete the survey.

I would really appreciate it.

Link

Best,
    TA

ps: Mods, I am not sure this is the appropriate section so please move the thread if necessary

@lonestargtr,

Hey Mike,
    Are delay and reverb fx recorded through the kemper or are they inserted later during mixing?
    I have been listening to 'Never Enders' and I find the production really rich but at the same time tastefully clear and tidy (as opposed to busy); really nice!
    So I was wondering on what the kemper's part is in that.

Do you record mono or stereo? When you use fx, do you record them in a separate track?

Great profiles and brill. album, well done!

Hello,

Owned a Kemper for 2 weeks and now about to sell my Torpedo Live and replace my home recording rig with an unpowered KPA.
    So, I thought I should capture some of the 2NTL tones that I've been using and liked and also give profiling a try.
    Then I'll put the preamp in my backup-to-my-powered-KPA live rig along with a SS Valvestate amp and a Rocktron Intellifex and get a 2nd, unpowered KPA for home recording (I'm liking my 1st one that much).

The process was straight forward and hassle-free and the profile is generally good, at least for a first attempt IMHO.
    Chain was: Guitar - KPA- KPA direct out to Boogie Pre - Pre rec. out to 2NTL - 2NTL line out to KPA Return. (Let me know if I'm doing smth wrong)

What I find is that the bass is a bit flubby in the profile. This is excusable for a lead tone but I'd still like it to be tighter as it was in the original profiled sound.
    I'll get there but if you got any tips pls share.
    I also had to apply some GEQ in the KPA, similar to the V shape people use in Mk Boogies, just to open the sound up a bit more.
    The overall idea in the post-processing was to take the original sound and make it more useable in a mix. Add some sizzle, open it up but maintain that Boogie singing quality of high single notes. This is what I used to do in Logic with my current rig.

Anyhow,
    Please try the profile and let me know how you like it. I am planning to make a few more before I let the 2NTL go so watch this space.

Also, I'd like to say that I really enjoy this forum which I've been lurking about for a while.
    Nice bunch of people, helpful, and the whole idea of sharing tones is in its essence amazing and quite progressive may I say.

Best,
    TA.