Posts by BurntGerbil

Hello all! After about a year of bouncing around between Kemper, Fractal and Two Notes for a much-needed home/late night recording solution (and possible gigging, though that isn't happening right now), I think I've finally settled on the Kemper I just wanted to ask a few questions from the users beforehand

The most important question: is there any likelihood of a hardware upgrade in the near future? I read a thread about this from a year ago, and the answer was a resounding "no," but that was a year ago. My biggest fear (and the main reason I haven't bought any digital equipment in years) is that, 31 days after purchase, they announce the 'Kemper 2 XL+' and I'm stuck without [insert most-desired shiny new feature here].

Second: I have a pretty cool music room, but a real studio it is not. Nor do I really have any studio mic experience. How important would you say the room is when profiling an amp. Assuming that I learn all there is to learn about mics (or just enough to mic an amp), can home-made profiles math up with the commercial profiles that I imagine are done in the proper environment? I will definitely be downloading/buying tons of other profiles, but I really want a few of my current sounds (especially from my Mesa Mk V with super specific settings on the 5-band).

And that's it. "Will my new gear immediately become obsolete" and "what are the odds I can make this thing sound right" are really my only hesitations I originally had more questions, but in the few days it took to get my verification email to set up my account, I sorted the others out. Thank you to all who take the time to respond.