Posts by ian10051980

I honestly believe kemper would come up with something special if they did this. I would doubt they would do it the way line6 and Vox have done modelling guitars. Also they would - I'm guessing - wouldn't do a modelling but a profiling guitar so maybe what little snags the Variax has wouldn't necessarily be the same for the Kemper guitar.

Also would be great not just to be limited to a few guitars, a banjo & sitar but you could have anything that's been profiled that you wouldn't normally find on the Variax like a Gibson SG, a Fender Starcaster or even a 1950s/1960s guitar like a Kay or something like that.....we can but day dream!

I was looking at the Variax guitar by Line6 and got thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if sometime in maybe the future Kemper came up with a Profiling Guitar? Don't ask me how it would technically work, hell i couldn't tell you how the kemper technically works!

You could profile guitars or have a guitar manager rather than a rig manager with different guitars and pick up options. These would also have to sound as great and realistic as the kemper amps do of course.

Might sound bit nuts now but i'm sure when the pod came out at first if someone suggested the idea of the Variax maybe they would have been thought of nuts too!

Studio profile? How are you running your rig? FRFR?

hi burger
    Not sure if it's a studio profile or what FRFR is I'm afraid. You're probably talking to the least technical minded person here or with a kemper! My method of working is if it sounds good great and if not try turning the control knobs to see if it sounds great. If it takes more than a few mins to hear anything good I move on rather than waste time. That's as techie as I get! :D

My set up is just a kemper plugged into a tascam dp32 with a couple of big monitors (forget what brand they are) and running it in stereo as to my ears it sounds more like a real amp in the room compared to mono.

Would though recommend you check rhinog's profile on the rig exchange if you like the Marshall sound. If I Remember right it's called Mars 1959 71. I altered the gain to about 5.0 so i can roll guitar volume knob from clean to overdriven/distorted.

Kind regards
    Ian

I have just found a profile tonight which has become my new favourite! Rhinog's Marshall 1959 71 which is in the Rig Exchange is in my opinion the best Marshall profile I've found so far (and thats including profiles i've tried from MBritt & Top Jimi!).

Great job & well done again to Rhinog! :thumbup:

Hi all thanks for your replies. To be honest a lot of the computer tech stuff is way beyond me. the computer im using is a google chrome book, so meant the rig manager download where you can see more info about the profile as well as editing the kemper at same time. (when i say editing i mean making rigs favourites or deleting them) I'm guessing that i'm right in thinking what your saying is (in basic terms) is that there would be possible interference between the rig manager on the google chromebook and the kemper remote if you use one?