Posts by iNate2391

I really really love my tone out of my Lonestar Classic. I never really get to crank it though. It loud enough to get it breathing. Here's my dilemma I guess. I love my tone and I've just now gotten to where I'm somewhat happy with it. The amp is always mic'd regardless of the gig so the audience is only hearing that. Most of the time I have a monitor that's provided by the house in front of me so that's basically what I am hearing. With the KPA I would still be using all of my own effects on my board, and I would be able other my guitar through the speakers behind me and my monitor. I am so dang torn. Lol the thought of being able to access so many tones, never having to change tubes, and the set up time are amazing.

Hahaha I'll be profiling the Lonestar regardless if I get it. My buddy has one. I'm just still up in the air about not having a monitor system yet. Like I said, I could use my pedals in front of it, and then run a line out to the board. Most places I'll will have a house pa and monitor that I'll use but I would want my own

Yeah I know that you need a midi to control it, but I was told that you can use external effects with the KPA, so I was going to use my pedalboard I have right now that's loaded with a delay, boost, wah, etc until I could get a midi board. Is that possible?

The thing is, is that I don't have a cab/monitor for it, the floorboard unit, or a power amp to power a cab. I would just get an unpowered rack. I wouldn't absolutely need that stuff since I would go direct and I would still have my pedalboard with a delay, boost, wah...etc.

Thanks for the input Paul. The reason I was hesitant to begin with is because the KPA I was looking at did not come with a footswitch, but now that I know I can use my board with it, that helps. A used Mesa Lonestar will pull 12-1500 on most days. Could I use the unpowered KPA with a powered speaker? The guy told me he would trade straight up.

So long story short. I'm on the road a lot playing shows. Sometimes we use our own personal PA, sometimes we use the house system. I have a Mesa Lonestsr 2x12 and my pedalboard. I have a guy wanting to trade me an unpowered rack unit straight up for my Mesa. I know my Mesa retails for around $2100 and the rack retails for around 1600 or 1700$. I was hesitate about trading because I thought I would need a cab and the floorboard.. Now I'm learning that I can use my existing pedalboard with the Kemper? If that's the case then I could run a direct line from the kpa to the board and use my pedalboard right? I could get a cab and power amp on down the road if needed. So I'm curious, if you were me, would you make that trade?

Thanks pault! And yeah, I think its a long shot, but I figured I would go straight to the source and throw it out there! I had someone offer me an unpowered rack for my Mesa but I just couldnt do it since he didnt have a compatible footswitch.

Hows it going guys? I'm a guitarist in a up and coming band, and we're about to make a big move to Nashville. I have dropped a lot of money on my rig as far as the amp, pedals, pedalboard etc. I've been intrigued with the Kemper for a long time, and it just seems so much easier for me since I am on the road all the time to get a Kemper and footswitch. Honestly I would consider trading my whole rig for a profiler and a floorboard. Am I crazy?? If anyone is interested in a Mesa Lonestar 2x12 and a pedaltrain board with a voodoo labs power supply and the pedals themselves, let me know! I love my rig, but I think the KPA may have me under its spell. haha