Posts by js_buttonpusher

Yeah I think you're right. It's going to be about tweaking it to fit what I'm running it through - and find the sweet spot (profile) for each - and I can't really expect one of my favorite profiles that sound good to me through my traditional cab - to instantly sound the same or better through the FRFR cab. The FRFR cab must just be significantly much "brighter" by design, than I am used to. I also gotta remember to let my ears do the deciding, not the brand or the model numbers. Thx much for the instant feedback.

Got a new powered KPA about a month ago - sounds like a dream in headphones. Also sounds really good through my existing oversized "Port City 112" with a Jensen Jet Tornado in it (with "Cabinet" setting off). I have read so many raving reviews about using an FRFR cab with it - so I ordered one - a Matrix Q12-passive, and it sounds so thin and treble-y - I must be doing something wrong - or is there really that much of a drastic difference from a traditional cab to a FRFR cab that you need to EQ the hell out of it to get it out of the "bright/thin" zone (I did turn the "Cabinet" setting bak on with the FRFR speaker). Anyone else have this experience?