Posts by Therealsandeman

Tadaaaaa! The KH-95 will be replaced with a Dunlop mini dvp4 as the KH is a bit too big for the Metro16.

The vent at the bottom of the player is pretty much obstructed by the metro16’s middle beam.

Hope that won’t cause issues.

I will be trying the Metro16 or the Voodoo Lab Dingbat Tiny.

On the other hand I am entertaining the idea to keep super simple and lightweight and do band practice and perhaps small gigs with only the Player. Fits good in the Mono Tick. The Profiler rack and pedal can then be used for the larger gigs.

These days, I play almost exclusively in church, so yes a very clean stage is preferable and I'm not worried about drunks spilling their drinks on my pedalboard. However, the issue is more of organization. In my case, i have an eventide H9 in the loop that I'd like to use and a few overdrive pedals that I prefer to place in individual loops.

Option 1) Leave everything but the remote behind me or even to the side of the stage, with Kemper's limited midi controls (I have a midi controlled multiple loop device for my OD's) I'm stuck only making changes to these devices on Rig changes. This means that I have to create a lot more duplicate rigs for nothing else than to send a midi message. BTW, to make this convenient, requires a lot of rack equipment.
    Option 2) Leave everything except the Kemper at my feet. Then run four guitar cables, a midi cable, (because I still want some messages sent on rig changes) a cat 5, and likely a power cord as well. All so I can needlessly sit my unpowered head somewhere else, and I use IEMs so there no point
    Option 3) Put my Kemper on my pedalboard and leave everything wired up

All three option are less than ideal. I really need a floor model, so much so that I even considered the Helix, but won't because of the above mentioned flaws.

I leave my midi controllable stomp boxes with the Kemper behind me and have only the Kemper remote (with a pedal) in front of me.
    This is pretty neat, looks cool and works, with the performances programmed to to midi changes, very well.

I have one stomp box at present using the fx loop and attached to the midi out of the Kemper.
    Thinking of adding a second pedal using its dedicated midi out (up to two separate midi-outs on the Kemper)

Seems line6 is marketing the Helix as more suitable to Bass players,
    It now reads guitar/bass unit all ove, where it seemed more guitar centric before.

Having said that, it can still not mach the amount of bass specific profiles available on the Kemper. Perhaps nothing can?

Anyway good for them. They will sell a lot of units!!

As a bassplayer with a Kemper powerrack (and I do not see many of them posting on the forum.....) I have tested the other solutions like the Helix as well.
    Most of them seem to have been designed for guitar players. Or, 99% of the features and patches are for guitar. Not willing to pay for such devices....

Although the Kemper should improve on the (bass specific) FX side, it has the most bass specific profiles available.
    FX are high quality and work great live and in the studio,
    Having said that, I do operate the KPA with at least 2 pedals (a synth and the H9).