Posts by mroessmann

I am using a Kemper PowerRack with a Mesa 2x12 cabinet as monitor. Basically the sound is great on my monitor cab. It’s thick and full of character, simply exactly what I want. I am aware that I probably cannot expect exactly the same sound on PA. But going through the main output the sound is so surprisingly different. It sounds thin, somehow harsh and digital.

The main and monitor EQ settings are all neutral and the monitor cab off is set. The OS Version is 8.5.8.

Maybe I overlooked something. Any hint how this can be fixed is very welcome.:)

Cheers

Michael

The problem has been resolved. I went to my dealer. He confirmed that there is a problem.

We did a reset on the system settings by starting the Kemper while holding the system button until the startup was completed.
    That did it.

Monitor Cab Off soft button checked and cabinet off sound the same now (cabinet on speaker output).

Thanks everybody for your input on this!

Thanks for your replies!!
    I am wondering if my Kemper is broken.

Here my setup:
    OS 5.3.1.13085
    Marshall 1x12 plugged into speaker output of the profiler

To reproduce this behavior follow these steps:

• Load a brand new high gain rig e.g. Ton(e)hammer TH-Eagle Extra 19 (actually any other high gain rig should do it).
    • Uncheck "Monitor Cab Off" in the output menu
    • Pure Cabinet is 0.0 (with any other value the effect is still reproducible)
    • All cabinet parameters are 0.0

Now play with cabinet button on and off. There is a significant sound difference. This should not be, right?
    This behavior is particularly happening with high gain sounds. Sounds with no gain are hardly effected.
    Can you reproduce this?

I have a bit of a problem to understand how to setup my profiler using simultansoulsy the Main Output for the PA and the monitor output for my monitor guitar cab on stage.

Regarding to this setup the manual says:
    "...you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Settings will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS."

So the cab simulation is active and the main output sounds good. My monitor cab sounds best with cab simulation off. So the "Monitor Cab Off" soft button appears to be the solution.

However - bypassing the the cabinet profile (using Monitor Cab Off soft button) the sound is different (and not as good as) from the sound when switching off the Cabinet button.

There is obviously something I have misunderstood. Thank you very much for shedding some light!

I had recently a problem with Rig Manager not showing my local Performance Folder and the Myprofiler Folder. So I uninstalled the Rig Manager using the Windows 10 Uninstall App functionality. After reinstalling the Rig Manager the problem still persisted.. I realized that uninstalling the Rig Manager leaves a lot of stuff on the system (files and registry entries).

Uninstalling plus manually deleting the remaining files and registry entries before reinstalling the Rig Manager solved the problem.

I recommend to provide an uninstall routine for the Rig Manager that removes all Rig Manager related files land the registry entries.

Thank you

Today the Kemper Website was down for a couple of hours. During that time the Rig Manager didn't want to start. Meanwhile the website came back online and the Rig Manager started normally again. Puh' just in time - I can access my sounds for the gig tonight 8o

I recommend to make it possible for the Rig Manager to start even when the Kemper site is down. The access to the local rig db should always be possible. :thumbup:

Thx
    Michael

First of all thank you SpinnerDeluxe and Monkey_Man for your help!

Finally I got it resolved. For those who run into the same issue, the problem started after upgrading to OS 4.0.6. when I realized, that the profiler still contains still the "old" presets (e.g. Reverb Presets). The downloadable factory content 4.0 contains a lot more of these presets. E.g. it shows Plate, Hangar, Spring reverb presets and a lot more.

To load them into the profiler I did the following steps:
    - Download 4.0 factory content
    - Extract the zip file (12 directories) into the "OS Update" directory of your USB stick
    - Put the stick into the profiler and push system button
    - Push Factory Rigs soft button on the first page of the system menu.
    - Follow instructions.

I am not in front of my Kemper, but as far as I remember:

Press the key "system" on the left of the Kemper. Step through the pages until you find a key "factory rigs". It will show up on the top of Kemper's display.

In general: When you plug in the USB…

Hi SpinnerDeluxe,

many thanks for your quick reply. That helped a lot. Just one additional question:

I downloaded the Factory Content 4.0 having 12 directories (Amplifier, Cabinet .... Stomps). My USB stick shows the directories Backups, OS Update and Shared. Where on the USB stick do I need to copy the 12 directories of the Factory Content?

Thank you
    Michael

Hi there,
    I have updated the Kemper Profiler OS to 4.0.6. Worked fine because of the step by step instructions. Then I realized that there are new 4.0 presets available that I like to import as well. The instructions say:

"Complete Import: Upgrade to 4.0 and just push "Factory Rigs" in System Settings. All Rigs and Presets currently not residing in the Browse Pool of your Profiler will be imported automatically and in one run."

What does "push Factory Rigs in System Settings" mean? Step by step instructions would be nice to have.
    Thank you!
    Michael