Posts by Guitfiddle

Welcome!

Regarding amplifiers, I have the 25w stereo Camplifier and it's fantastic (I use that into a stereo guitar cab) but it would probably be useful if you tell us more about what you need (how loud you need to go, do you need stereo etc.)

I am going direct into my DAW for now through my interface. I have a couple 4x12 cabs and a couple 2x12 cabs. My cabs were built for a certain sound, so I don't have any middle of the road cabs. I will experiment with them first, but from the Mesa Boogie sound to the Marshall sound for my gainier stuff. I have a 2x12 with 2 greenbacks and my other 2x12 cab is a Celestion blue with G12H for my cleaner to Vox stuff. I am still experimenting with my cabs and speakers. I was looking at the 3rd Power cabs recently. It is mostly for direct studio applications, but I want to be able to crank it up and mic the cab also. I am now thinking I should have got the powered head, but I am still researching. Thanks for the Camplifier note, I have some powered PA monitors that will work, but I want to go the guitar cab route. I'll experiment and see what options I like over time. Thanks for the note. I don't need to run stereo if I'm running through a cab that is mic'd up. I will be using this to jam with a Drummer, so yeah, I will need enough to power my Marshall cab. I just want something that is clean, so my profiles will be more accurate. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the big hello. Wow, this is all new to me and getting this overwhelming response makes me already like the Kemper that much better. Thank You! I have been very busy, so it will be a little while before I can read all the followup and answer the questions. I will be back shortly after this next session. Thanks again and I am looking forward to tearing in and learning more.

I will probably be heavily deep into the manual with this Kemper. Learning, Profiling my Z amps. I have a lot to learn.

First Question?

I have the non-amplifier Head version. Is there an amp that anyone can recommend that will give me an amp closer to the Kemper amp? Or does Kemper make a separate amp? I want my profiles to be accurate. I was looking at the 3rd power 2x12 cab that Mike Britt uses. Thanks