Posts by Octopussy

I just wanted to add that it is mind boggling that people say they don’t want a new kemper because its not needed. Really???? Cmon.

Yeah, it’s the best- no doubt. But seriously???

It’s dated. Fx and drives are weak. Form factor can be improved. Eq and gain structure can be modeled better. Some don’t want to capture their own sounds so there’s functionality that could be removed (I understand that’s the point but, I don’t really need it nor do I want to spend time doing so). And the file management absolutely needs a revamp. Plus it embarrassingly ugly.

I love the kemper but cmon, it’s tech not a vintage piece of gear. Well, kind of vintage

Excited to finally be a part of the crew.

I've had this power head and remote for about a week. I have a few tube amps (18 watt Marshall, ac15, vibro champ) and pod hd, plus all the vsts. Tons of pedals.

My first impressions. Positive first.

Way better than any digital modeler I've ever had. No digital distortion or internal clipping issues.

The rest.

Granted. I've been mostly monitoring thru akg 240 and Sony mdr 7506 cans. Sadly. But I haven't been able to take it to the studio and hook up to my cabinet.

The manual didn't seem as thorough considering how complex this thing gets. A lot of the tones are a bit harsh and brittle with my sg p90 and hand wound tele pickups. Ok with humbuckers. Thoughts on that?

It's plug and play to an extent but man, it seems like I've again spent quite a bit of time having to dig down to advanced levels.

The difference in tones from the amps is small enough to me that I feel I don't really need all it has. I kind of wish they would come out with a kemper junior. Just does a bunch of stuff I don't need. I'm not using it for any super heavy music. Mostly indie rock, rock, pop, funk/rnb. I'm into vintage type sounds. I purchased the Michael Britt stuff as well.

Setting up a bunch of rigs in performance that compliment each other for running through various gain stages has proved a bit tricky. The stomp box effects don't really seem very impressive which leaves me having to use different amps for different gain stages. And there's thousands of them profiled with soooo many different variables.

I would love some thoughts. I'm still within the return policy for a few more weeks. I'd love to minimize the tweaking which I've already spent quite a bit of time.

Ideally this thing would replace my amps in a live situation thru my 2x12 with vintage 30 with line going to FOH. And of course to play at home without bothering the kids.

Thanks and hopefully I'm not sounding negative but definitely struggling with this thing.

Hi there. This is my first post. I've had the Kemper for a week now and have spent some time with it. It's somewhat straight forward but it's really not. My first impression is that the advanced manual leaves a lot to be desired.

That being said.

What are the dual function buttons on buttons 1-5? How are they used and how to set them up. Didn't see anything in the manual or the forum.

Also. I have a line 6 pedal I use with my dl4 and I'm trying to use it as a volume/wah. It doesn't seem to work. Also, I couldn't find anything about this in the manual either.

I would love some help.

Thanks guys!