Posts by aceman199

Guys, wow! Glad I found this Kemper. The forum was a help.

What I play: Mostly in the home studio nowadays, but I have done a lot of musical theater, jazz bands, rock bands, everything. Volume control has always been important. Gotta keep the wife happy.

Gear I ustah play:
    - Fender Twin Custom 15. 85lbs whoa too much. Sounded great above 3.5 but holy crap was it loud. --> Wife not happy.
    - My self-built Fender 5F2A. Sounds good with a little bit of crunch but not too too versatile. Still loud. Too loud to get distortion out of it when you are playing with an orchestra, so I resorted to overdrive pedals--not ideal.
    - Assortment of other Fender amps

Then I started investigating power soaks, then discovered the FluxTone Speaker cab. They are super expensive but are the coolest thing since sliced bread. Almost bought one used at an insanely good price and I asked the guy why he was selling. He said "I'm going the Kemper route." I hadn't even heard of a Kemper at the time and yadda yadda yadda here I am with a Kemper Toaster and I love it.

Still looking to get a speaker for it, but even through headphones I'm impressed!

I'm using a BlueChip STP 60--never wears out and has a great clean sound that can very from bright and warm, depending on your attack. Also using Fred Kelly BumbleBee thumbpick extra heavies. They wear out unlike BlueChips (but way cheaper) and have an incredible sound--no squeak/quack that normal thumbpicks have.