Posts by misguided_fool

Hi guys,

It's been a month or so of owning a Kemper and I have to say that I'm pretty happy with it. Not only the product, but the community and availability of profiles etc. Keep up the good work lads. It's great to read about and hear samples from other Kemper owners.

I have however an issue which someone with a similar setup may be able to help with. Since getting my Kemper I have downloaded many profiles and tinkered with all the available settings with the Kemper. I'm currently on the latest firmware with the new delays etc. I am running a standard Kemper without the built-in poweramp (powerhead) as it is for home use only and I'm connected to some Yamaha powered monitors - HS-7's.

I'm guessing I've tinkered with something and now don't seem to have a good sound. Clean's sound ok-ish but distorted profiles sound a bit farty/fizzy. There's not a lot to distinguish them from each other any more, so I'm guessing I'm set up incorrectly. Other than do a factory reset and start again, I was hoping for some guidance in getting back to a decent sound or returning to the factory settings/levels.

Firstly - Volume. As the speakers have a volume level and there's an input level and master volume etc. I don't know what values I should aim for. I need to put the speaker volumes very low as otherwise I have to turn my master down to negative values as the profiles are too loud for home use. Could getting these settings wrong affect the tone of the profiles ?

Secondly - Input / Output. As I'm running a guitar cable into the front of the Kemper and then out to the monitors through the main XLR outputs on the back (2 monitors) - I get sound whatever output source I select. What should I be selecting for input and output ? I'm guessing its the main input source and Master Mono out for both speakers ?

I have tinkered with numerous other settings on there, so can anyone think what setting would be giving that farty/flubby distortion sound ? I may have a setting too high or something. I have used various guitars and pickups but the distortion doesn't seem great - or anywhere near how good it used to be.

I'm also sure this was the case before I updated to v5 - so I don't think its an update issue.

I suppose my final options is to reset and start again - which I would like to try and avoid.

Any suggestions about what settings I should use for my setup or things to check would be most welcome. Sorry for the large post. Once I start typing I can't stop.

So I will now. Thanks for reading. :)

Well... I'm approx five hours into ownership and I've finally switched it off.

Connecting the Kemper, operating it, changing settings and importing profiles was a doddle. Very simple to use.

Loaded it up with some Suhr Badgers, Vox AC30's, Victory Silverback, Fender Bassbreaker and a few Triple Rectifiers.

All diverse and all excellent. Really impressed with the clean AC30 from the Rig Exchange - I forget the maker I'm sorry.

The clean profiles chime with ringing harmonics and the heavy profiles have plenty of chug and squeals - and all can be tweaked and saved.

Overall impression. Well, I was expecting it to be great and it sure is. I love the fact it is set up and now I can finally get playing it tomorrow.

Just going to look for some recommended free profiles before bed.

Let me know if there's any essential profiles I must try.

Cheers guys. One happy Kemper over here in South Wales !

Hi all !

Well I've only gone and bought a Kemper. It was always going to happen. I don't know why I fight these things.

Hope you are all doing well and loving your Kempers.

Mine's due tomorrow morning with some decent powered monitors.

I told the missus this will actually save money as I can now flog some amps...

I'm sure I'll have some questions for you more experienced chaps out there.

So until then, I just want to say hello there from one guitar nut to all you others.. :P