Posts by HenrikA

Of course I should have raised a support ticket for this issue earlier on. So the delay and the warranty time running out is my bad. No argues there. The frustration comes from the fact that it actually is a hardware problem AND that it never worked properly. So if the PROFILER worked before it left the factory it stopped working before I opened the box. I could not have imagined this to be a hardware issue, so I set up my sounds over a period of time and started gigging with it. Being certain that it must have been a software/driver issue I just didn't bother until I needed the functionality again. And then the warranty time had runned out.

I'm not trying to create a fuzz here (pun intended). If there is no such thing as a bad batch of USB circuits then I have myself to blame. And maybe the car reference was a bit misplaced to :-). I mean this isn't about a faulty airbag. I love the Kemper stuff and think it's awsome. Now I'm working around the problem since I bought a new unit. I set up my patches in that one and transfer it with a USB stick to the old one. Works good so far. Maybe I'll send down the old one to fix it anyways. We'll see.

Rock on!

I actually went ahead and bought a brand new rack version Kemper for my home studio. When I plugged this machine into the same PC and the same setup where the old machine failed, it just worked straight away.

I had some correspondence with the Kemper support. In the beginning I got an answer back that there would be something wrong with my PC setup and not the Kemper. After I bought the new machine and it worked I wrote again and explained that a new machine is working perfectly fine on the same PC setup. The reply then was that I would have to send in my old unit for repair and that it was liable for a cost since it's out of warranty. I've been waiting for a good time now to send it over since I'm using both units frequently.

What bugs me is that back in the day when rig manager came out and I tried to get it to work I just assumed that the software needed updating. A couple of versions later I got tired of it and left the problem behind me. That's why it's been taking such a long time for me to get this sorted out. Back then I could never have imagined that there is a hardware problem behind it. But obviously there is a number of machines that have a faulty USB circuit in them. I mean if this was a car with a hardware problem you would get a notice that you need to return it to get it fixed (for free). In my opinion it would be nice if Kemper recognized the problem and took care of it. It's not easy as a consumer to know when it's a hardware based problem and not a software one, right? Or am I wrong?

Waking up an old thread here.

I've got the same problems as described above. I purchased my toaster in 2016. In the beginning I got it to work for short periods of time. But just sometimes. And then it would freeze. I don't remeber now what I did back then the times it worked. Since then I've been mostly using it with my preferred rigs and performances live. In my home studio I've just been using the same sounds pretty much.

But lately I really been needing the Rig Manager functionality more and more since I'm in a band working on a new album. Sometimes the Kemper shows up in Rig Manager but it wont respond to anything I do on screen. And I often got the unknown device message in device manager.

I have been in contact with Kemper support and sent the requested log files. But all I've got as a reply is that I have an unstable USB setup and that the problem is coming from my PC and not from the Kemper. I have also tried several PCs, cables, USB ports. All the tweaks I have found on different forums. Nothing helps!! I am getting really frustrated with this! No other piece of hardware what so ever is failing in my current setup. Just the Kemper. This little piece of incredible technology. Why is that? All logic is pointing towards the Kemper.

I mean, I can go to whatever store and buy whatever piece of equipment and plug it in tom my PC. And it just works!!

But not the Kemper. How can that be the PCs fault? Help me understand! Please!

Is there anyone out there with some kind of idea why this happen to some of us?

Every tip would be appreciated.