Posts by kingsxman

In Performance Mode with a selected Profile:Push Softbutton 1 "Edit"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Slot Setting"
    Push Softbutton 4 "Rename Slot"

Now you can Edit the slot (Rigname or what ever).
    Then store the whole performance .

THanks for the reply. I had done that previously. It will rename it but on the display on the remote it still shows the normal rig name that was originally put in the slot. Its like the only thing that gets renamed that shows up is on the slot tab...and that isnt really readable on the remote or the profiler. I probably need to get a picture to show exactly..

The display will show the performance name...and then the rig/profile that you have in that slot below it. I have 3 performances which I'll call Gig 1, Gig 2 and Gig 3. My rig/profile for example is called 70's Marshall SL Bright which I have in slot 5 of perfomance Gig2. On the display....it shows Gig 2 and then below it 70's Marshall SL Bright. If I do the method above...I can rename the slot to 70's marshall Solo....but the only place that this changes is that little tab on the display where you can see what slot your on. The Rig/Profile name that still shows up on the display (remote and profiler) under Gig 2 is still 70's Marshall SL bright.

not sure if that helps or not.

Sorry, this seems like it should be a basic thing but for the life of me I cant figure out how to do it...

If I have 5 rigs in a performance....I want to rename one so that I can call it "Lead" or "solo" or whatever. I want to do this from the Kemper...not Rig manager. What is the process to change the rig name so it shows up on my remote as the new name and NOT the name it was copied from?

thx

Great thread. As a newb I'm going through the same thing. I havent used my Kemper and remote live yet...just in practice. First gig in 2 weeks. But it IS a struggle to figure out what to do when you have so many options.

For now for my first pass at this, what I'm trying to do is come up with 3 different performances that have everything that will cover all my needs. For example I figured out my "basics performance" is as follows with a goal of my tone getting dirtier as my rigs move from left to right :

Clean
    Slightly overdriven
    Medium gain
    Heavy gain
    Solo

Thats probablya pretty basic rig format that would work for most people. So I have these basic rigs in performance 1. I'm also building in a "morph" for each of these rigs that gives me a 4-6 db volume boost (still figuring out what works) by pushing the rig button twice. Next, I can add in pedals in the effects buttons for each rig so they can be turned on and off as needed.

Peformance 2 is for some alternate rigs that I need. For example, I need a nice clean with a slapback delay for the song Girl Crush. I need a nice medium gain with lush delay for the solo on that song. I also need a nice "funk" type Nile Rogers tone for some funk songs we do (with medium gain solos'). So I set up my Performace 2 rigs as follows:
    clean/slapback
    funk clean
    medium gain (with lush delay I can turn on and then morph to volume boost for solo tone)
    heavy gain
    Solo

The goal is that even though this rig is more for "one off's"...I want to have some of my standard rigs in it so I dont have to switch back and forth between performances.

Then Performance 3, which is a work in progress, will be more for heavier drive heavier delay things.

This is where my head is at now with setting this up. I'm sure i'll change my mind as I learn what works and what doesnt or get inspiration to do things better. Just going through practice and trying this has been a good learning experience. one thing I may change already is if I can set up 2 different delays for one rig...I can eliminate a whole Rig. (and then maybe a whole performance.)

FWIW, I hate foot tapping and changing performances between songs. We try to go very fast between songs.

Also, may be helpful to say what style of music you play. I play in a cover band so I need to cover tones from pop to rock to modern country. So lots of different sounds needed.

I have looked into that as well and I like the concept. If you're touring this is needed for sure but for everyday use a case that weights almost 9 Kg is too much in my eyes. In total this is almost 20 Kg so double the toaster and remote

I thought that the Thon was only 8.7 KG? I see that the Pelican case is roughly the same weight.. So from that standpoint...its maybe a wash.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for the best possible cab to suit the Kemper? I mean a real speaker cab that blows you away with tons of tone coming out of its speakers and what gives you that all valve sustained tone coming from the amps inside the Kemper and what the Kemper was designed for on stage. I can't describe it any better...

My 2 guitar cabs (1x12 and 2x12) that I have sound very good with the cab simulation turned off and just using them as a normal guitar cab with my powered Kemper head. They are both mather cabs (mathercab.com) but I think the biggest thing is that the speakers dont impart much of their own tone into the mix: EVM12L, Celestion Lead 80 (WGS CL80) or Scholz Sugarcone. I mention all 3 as they are somewhat similar in that they are more "neutral" sounding speakers.

that all said..I'm leaning at this point to using a wedge up front to monitor my sound.

I am using this one, and I am very happy with it: https://www.thomann.de/de/thon…rslt_kemper+case_366653_1

It stores Kemper, Remote a few cables and is still light enough to be carried a few hundred meters. Just to be placed on top of my Atomic CLR (non-wedge). Quite compact.

I've seen that one and did like it. Curious if there is anything like that available in the US. Or maybe they ship to the US.

So question on that case: how do they keep the profiler head from moving around in the rack? (Same with foot controller). Is there enough foam around the inside of the case where it'll keep it in place?

Looking for the latest recommendations from people on some hard cases that will work for transporting my powered Kemper toaster and profiler remote and a few cables.

I think there are two schools of thought on this: only transportation (i.e. put it in and take it out for use) or something more in the lines of a rack mount where it just stays racked all the time and you just pull the covers at the gig and plug in. I'm leaning right now for transport only because I dont think i'd want to bring a whole rack to some things like a church gig and I only need the basics to bring for band practice. In looking at old threads, the Pelican 1610 case (model correct?) seems be a great option for this to transport just the toaster, remote and a few cables. Is this still the latest/greatest for this?

For the rack mount I have a buddy who bought a Gator molded case on wheels (8 U) and then a shelf. He mounted the Kemper to the shelf via the feet screws. Remote sits in the back of the rack (unsecured?) and he has a power condidtioner racked with it. Seems heavy though and a bit much to lug around.. (but easy setup).

Curious about the options and if people went either route and then regretted it..

@Sharry it's a thick cable. It works for me. A quick scan looks like you can get them up to 200 feet. According to their website, "Designed specifically fortouring, staging, professional sound, night clubs, concert venues,studios, and more. They are built for ease of use and built to last!".
    https://www.glsaudio.com/GLS-A…ell-G45-Cable_p_1890.html

I ordered a 30 footer. Thx for the info. Provided that this lays "flatter" than the stock cable this will be great. I also plan on just keeping a 30 foot standard ethernet cable around as an emergency spare. As a network guy...I have a few around. :)

Safe solution for a double-sided connection of the cable.

Thats kind of cool. I have a powered Kemper so I'd have to look if I can take my back apart like that.

Link to what this is or did you make it yourself?

BTW, regarding gauge sizes: your just passing digitial signal used for signaling...not tone. I wouldnt worry so much about gauge unless your concern is if its sturdy. The GLS cable looks very good.

Next, I use the Morph function (without an expression pedal) by using the Slot select buttons on the remote. So, say I am in Slot 1. I hit the same button again and it changes to the Morphed version of Slot 1. I then go back into the 'Amplifier' menu, and adjust the volume 3db louder. I do this for each rig. (note: I may also tweak other things like EQ but for these rigs I am not doing any cool stomp/effects morphing, just setting up a base boost).

So, in essence, my morph for these rigs is a 3db volume increase with minor EQ tweaks.

So this is the trick! Just did it with a few of my rigs and it works great. Having to go into the amplifier section and adjust the volume seems to be the key to getting it to work. I tried the volume knob and that didnt work. I also found that I needed to get in and adjust the delay times so it wouldnt "morph" slowly from lower to higher (and back) after hitting the button. Very cool.

This gets me thinking that, with by using the volume, time and delay, I could maybe use morphing for the intro to "Dont stop believing". You know that part where Neal Schon comes in with the quick repeating riff line that builds builds and builds and then goes out with lots of delay? Just hit a button...time how long it takes and set it up.. Way cool.

Curious about this since I got my Kemper and remote. Lets say I've just pressed the 3rd button for Rig 3 in my performance. Button 3 gets brighter, showing its on. All the other buttons for the other rigs are still illuminated somewhat, making it a bit tough to determine which one is active. My "active" right button is "more bright" than the others...

As I was typing this I maybe realized why its done that way: dark stages. So you can still see your other buttons to stomp on them. I've only used this for practice and not onstage. So maybe its not an issue live and its easier to see the active button on a darker stage. But I'm still curious if this is why and more importantly....is this normal behavior for the remote?

Thanks

I thought that I'd read this somewhere but now cant find it. If I want to swap out one rig in a slot while in performance mode with another rig....how do you do that? I've fitzed around with it and cant seem to figure it out. When I set up my rigs in performance mode I did it from Rig Manager and had the Kemper connected to my computer. That was relatively easy. (copy, paste, save). Now I'd just like to swap out the rig in one of the positions in slot 1 for another rig...and dont want to connect it up to the computer to do it.

I think its important to NOT rely on having my Kemper connected to a computer to do some key functions that may come up at a gig.