Posts by doomfred

Hello, I know it's not a "real" rig manager question as it doesn't allow to manage cabs kipr files, but nevertheless...

I created my own cabinet impulses so as I could freely match my direct amp head profiles to my own choice of cab/speaker/microphone combination.

The operation was successful (using Voxengo deconvolver), then I ran the cab utility so as to menerate kipr files

The only thing now... is that my cabs are labelled with the author "Author", and i cannot see where to edit them...

Does someone has a solution ?

Hello there !

So here I am... After years of talking about the KPA, I finally acquired a 2nd hand powerhead a couple of weeks ago. It's probably the most expensive piece of gear I have ever owned.

I am playing guitar in no less than four metal bands, nowadays, in which I seek four sound signatures. Over the years I found many sound recipees, most of them using not so "trendy" and "fashionable" amplifiers music equipement. As a touring musician, I am also a very early user of the Two Notes Torpedo gear, which I have been using for years to give me a consistent sound through the P.A.

In the fall of 2014, seekng a way to show up to my rehearsals without using any tube amps, I had the occasion to try a Kemper Axe FX Ultra, which I quickly found to be a nightmare to use. I traded it for the DV Mark multiamp, a simple and good all-in-one solution, that respects the sound of my guitars.

But it was still not the sound of my touring gear...

So when I finally had enough money, I bought the Kemper Powerhead, with a remote

So far, I've been noodling with some free and professional profiles, which I played listening mostly with my beyerdynamic DT770 headphone that I found to be very good. Then, I direct profiled my own heads (some of them been customized) and in barely half a day, was able to reproduce my signature sounds for the four bands.

I think I'll probably take this rack with me when I have not much space and have to tour !