Posts by ws6air

Hello gang ,

Just wondering about something weird lately ....... I’ve been recording using my Presonus iTwo straight to my phone and all my clips sound great !!!!! Not a problem right? Correct !!! Here’s the weird thing : when I play iPhone back through PA , it sounds huge and awesome ....... when I play totally direct to PA via XLR , sound has a definately more high end sound . Could this be the Presonus preamp warming the sound up ? If so , I might have to carry this guy around with me ! Just wanted to know if anybody has tried this before or noticed it .

Here’s a clip of JSX amp i profiled

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks

Marc

ThomasJ, I thought the first about 3 years were the best for Peavey. I've got a bunch of Wolfgangs , and one of my favorites is actually the PEAVEY HP version of it. Thanks for sharing too. My first year quilt does sound a little higher pitched than my 2nd year flame top. Weird but true. 2nd year, I think was the best, everything was refined and nice. Love my Wolfies. I'll tell ya, for the money, the Sterling AX40 is killer, and I just played a newer EVH Wolfgang (non-USA) with carved top and man, it played and sounded great. Ernie Balls I love, but they are pricey/ their tops on them are awesome!!! Thanks again for sharing , beautiful top-Guitar!!!

Marc

Peavey HP

[Blocked Image: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/mwbrown5150/977147_598845803466766_241878249_o_zps6815cd3d.jpg]

Thanks guys for the welcome there ! That's an ol' 2nd year Peavey Wolfgang and yes, I love Boogies. I really like the TopJimi Profiles so far. I got the English pack, and the EVH one. They are great. I really like the sound of everything when everything is on / including mic/cab combos. So I know it will be a little different hearing it as a mic'ed sound, but I love those cabs on TopJimis profiles so far. The AFD100 and 69 Super lead are my favorites ! Is there any quick links to maybe a section on cabs/vs/PA monitors. Maybe like a live rig section? I know alot of the Fractal guys for live have been using the Yamaha DXRs and even some with Altos. I like the look of the Friedman's and would really like to try them also. Again, Thanks guys

Thanks
    Marc

Hello ,
    Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been playing since I was 8 and now 41. I've owned all kinds of Guitars / Amps / Etc. Favorite rigs are: 5150 / 6534 / any Mark amp by Boogie. Love EV speakers along with good ol' celestions and Vintage 30s. EVs I love though. I've been in Original / Coverbands / Studio projects/ etc. I enjoy originals most. I was recently in a Whitesnake Tribute band and doing a couple of projects (original wise) I enjoy playing anything. Favorite players : EVH, Jason Bieler (Saigon Kick) , Zakk Wylde, Slash, any 80s, 90s, bands. I just got the Kemper and love it ! It really is hard to tell/ actually impossible for me, to tell the difference. Just wanted to say hello
    I do have one question though. I'm used to having a 4x12 with EVs loaded running with a Mark iii red stripe, and love that feeling of the air being pushed behind me. Is there anything monitor wise that can sound and feel like that , or is that hard to do since I really like the sound of the files / as they are mic'ed up sounds, so it will feel different. I'm one of those who plays better when I feel that rig going. (yes, a loud one I am) Any help in this area would be great. Here are a couple of videos of bands I've been in. I'll keep looking at board too, to see what everybody is using. Looks like Yamaha DXR stuff.... So I'll keep looking. Thanks for listening and can't wait to add to collection of sounds with Kemper !!!!

Thanks
    Marc Brown

P.S. Pics of Kemper Rig coming shortly !!!

[Blocked Image: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/mwbrown5150/IMG_3826_zpsmondmqcc.jpg]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

https://www.facebook.com/SNAKE…E/videos/806314472782722/