Posts by mikhailreeves

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There you go. :P

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There you go. :P

It could be a number of things. Ranging from having a weak IR to simply being swallowed by having every other element, bass especially, too loud in the mids or the sound dude hates you / doesn't know how to mix a kemper.
    Making sure that you have a strong IR to work with if you're not using a real cab. If the cab sim is bad, then cutting through and sounding good ain't happening.
    I call this line 6 spider syndrome. Where it sounds fine at low volumes on its own in your bedroom but, the second its thrown into a mix, it gets buried so deep that it merits a funeral.
    A good cab sim is just as important as the amp.
    Read the last line again
    If you're using a real cab then your EQ is super duper important. Presence

Guitars are mid range instruments and I know its been mentioned. But, making sure you're cutting through the mids is key.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that the kemper is at fault if you'r getting swallowed.
    It's entirely possible that something else is occupying that space that shouldn't be, so during rehearsal listen for who is taking the mids.
    The other guitar, maybe keys/synths or the bass might be cranking in the mid-range not allowing anything else to live in that sonic area.
    Again, the best way to tell is to listen during practice to see who is playing where on the frequency range. (or check their amp settings) Find the person playing in your frequency range and slap them with a large fish.
    If its a live issue with a live engineer. He probably hates you. Next time bring him snacks. ;)

So this means I always have to insert an eq for any rig? I use a graphic eq in a number of rigs: here's one:
    80Hz: 2.9 dB, 160 Hz: 0.6 dB, 320 Hz: -1.5 dB, 640 Hz: -1.6 dB, 1250 Hz: -1.5 dB, 2500 Hz: 1.5 dB, 5000Hz:8.2 dB, 10.000 Hz:6.2 dB. And Low cut: 206 dB, High Cut 33488 Hz. Volume 0
    Maybe this is not right?

Low cut: everything below 100. Just muds up the mix.
    80 Hz is bass or kick territory. Should never be boosted and should be cut entirely.
    160 Hz is kick drum area. Don't boost, cut down to -6db if needed
    320 Hz is your area, boost, leave alone, or scoop
    640 Hz is your area again, boost if it's not cutting through the mix, cut if too nasal sounding, its up to you
    1250 Hz is the part I generally leave alone. Don't cut more than 1db and boost lightly as well, for this is the threshold of hiss territory.
    2500 Hz is pick attack area aka the prime butter area. Cut to add smoothness. Don't boost, you're in hiss country.
    3.2-4k Hz is literally nails on a chalkboard frequency. Does nothing but nastiness so cut -3 with a wide Q. DO NOT BOOST!
    5k and up is hiss.adds air to clean tones with a LIGHT boost. Under all circumstances, don't boost with distortion. It's just gross.
    High cut 8K-10K for distortion/ 12-20K for cleans

Again fish to face anyone in your area.