Posts by WazootyMan

I bought a remote from a private seller off of Reverb. He claimed it was working fine when he shipped it. I plugged it in to my Profiler when I got it, and the Remote seems like it's dead. I don't notice any activity at all. No lights, no LCD action. I checked if the Profiler was sending power by checking for voltage on the Ethernet cable. I found +5VDC on pins 4 and 5, relative to 7 and 8. I would have figured that there would have been +48VDC on pins 1 and 2 relative to 3 and 6, given what I can glean from the manual (they tell you if you want to use a PoE injector, to make sure it's Mode A compatible).

Based on this, my thinking was that the POE ethernet port in my Profiler was dead. However, in talking to the guys at Kemper in Germany, it sounds like they use two different power supply modes. They argued that I shouldn't be measuring +48VDC out of the Profiler, because the remote uses a different power supply when plugged into the Profiler directly. However, it can also use Mode A POE standard.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Does anyone have any other information? Just how much power supply voltage should we be seeing out of a known good Profiler ethernet port, and on what pins?