Posts by deigoruellez

The shiny metal plug toward the right needs to be unplugged from the combo, and connected to the red Power Amp Output jack on the KPA.

If the speaker cable is too short on the Nomad, You may need a speaker cable extension to reach the KPA.

Hmm, I tried this and it didn't seem to work. When I would turn the KPA on I could hear the speakers "click on" with the power amp turning on, so it's responding in some way. But no sound is coming through. I tested the combo amp by itself to make sure the speakers are okay and they work fine. I must be doing something wrong :/

Going to take this opportunity to embarrass myself with a potentially dumb question...

I've been wanting to use my powered Kemper with a speaker cab for a while now, haven't been able to yet. However, I do have a pretty badass sounding 2x12 combo amp sitting around the apartment that I haven't used in years because it gets so damn loud (Mesa Boogie Nomad Series). I'm wondering if I could just bypass the amp in it and just use the speakers. I understand that I shouldn't connect the powered head to anything grounded like an active speaker, but if I just leave the combo unplugged shouldn't it work as passive speakers to work with the power amp in the Kemper?

Sorry for my ignorance here, everyone.

Hello everyone!

I have a band I've been putting together for about a year now and my rig is solely my Kemper Powerhead (toaster) with an expression pedal. I have used it for all the demo recordings, and the idea was to always have the same sound live as I do in the recordings. However, I've only ever been in the recording studio world and have never had much experience playing out live before. I'm sure that many of the profiles I've used for our recordings will translate much differently than they would in a venue, be it through a PA system (would be ideal) or a cab.

I guess my question is, those of you who make records with your Kemper and then tour those records, do you make separate copies of each patch and tweak them for a live setting? I'm sure there is no easy answer to this. Just thought I'd ask and learn from some of you more experienced Kemper users.

My Kemper is setup to record into my UAD Apollo via SPDIF. I love it, it frees up a little extra IO and I really do hear the difference, sounds cleaner. Just make sure to match the sample rate of the Kemper's SPDIF out with the sample rate of your session/interface and you should be golden!

Hi everyone,

I have owned my Kemper (toaster) for a little over a year now. However, I never really dove into trying to take full advantage of everything it can do. Up until recently, I had only really been scrolling through the presets it came with and finding one I like for my productions. After spending several hours of really researching all the functions of the Kemper, I am completely in love. Not the biggest fan of the power amp for live situations, but it is not terrible and I completely understand why they went with a class D for this unit.

I know there is still more to learn with this unit, so I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this forum and learn from everyone here!

BTW, any other sci fi nerds here? I wanted to personalize my Kemper a bit and just about everything in my studio is in some way related to a sci-fi movie/game. Anyone recognize anything here?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought Electro-Harmonix's amazing Mel 9 pedal. However, I have been unable to get it to work with my Kemper. I have tried having it both in the FX Loop as well as just in front of the Kemper. I read somewhere that it might need a boost before it, so I put my Earthquaker Devices Dirt Transmitter before it and only turned the level up (I don't have any other pedals). Level is reallllly low. When I turn up the gain on the Kemper, it just sounds shittier. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Perhaps the impedance isn't matching or something? Forgive my ignorance.