Posts by Johnrclifton

Interesting. I would of course profile my amps before selling, but I was planning to sell my stomps. I use 3 different stomps for distortion/overdrive currently. I was hoping the kemper would eliminate the need for my pedalboard altogether. Anybody else have a different opinion regarding drive stomps on clean kpa profiles??

Great advice. I am open to either Powered kpa with a passive frfr or the other way around. I do want to maintain the sound integrity of the kemper and not color it with a traditional cab.

So I guess my question now is what combination is best for my needs?

I do need the mackies out front as wedges for vocals. Sorry I should have clarified that. Also I sometimes play acoustic. And i plan to use the kemper as basically a DI / preamp for my acoustic during acoustic shows. If that helps

Thank you and Great questions.

My monitors will be pointed at me. However, some bars we use only have an adequate pa to push vocals and acoustics. So I need to have something behind me to push sound out to the front row of the crowd and sometimes the entire crowd. I know it's not ideal, but it is necessary in a few situations. I also just like to have that stage noise (personal preference). So I want SOMETHING pushing sound out from behind me

Hi everyone,

After a lot of research I have decided to begin selling off my amps, stomps, etc to go with the Kemper. I need help deciding on which kemper and what cab/frfr solution is best for me.

I play 2 ways: At home studio - recording into Studio One or Protools. And I play live shows at small bars and some larger venues for weddings, etc.

I NEED some sort of cab or FRFR behind me on stage. I don't ALWAYS have the luxury of a good PA in some of these bars, so I must rely on my "on stage" speaker to put out my sound to the audience. I have some great powered Mackie monitors, but I am dead set on keeping them as floor monitors. I play mostly country, classic rock, and 90s rock.

I like the idea of a rack mounted Kemper behind me with a small cab or FRFR to sit it on. Preferably a traditonal shaped one for aesthetic purposes, but not a deal breaker.

My vox ac30h2 is my primary tube amp now, but it will be sold to fund this transition. (Plus it is going to give me a hernia - HEAVY)!

What suggestions do you have for my need of a cab or frfr as a behind me on stage speaker?