Posts by NigeThompson

Yes, I agree Nik. There's no point in having bottom end that gets mushy or clutters the mix. I guess what I mean is that punchy lower mids. I do actually like your first one though for a certain tone! :P

Sounds really interesting Nik! More 'boxy' and a bit Boogie to me which is nice to hear from a JCM800. Would ideally like more bottom end but I don't know what settings you're profiling at. The other Friedman Mods I've heard have a bit more bottom/bottom mid punch.

Just bought the Anger pack on the recommendation of Rob Manor. He posted a great testimonial in the Facebook Kemper group this afternoon. It just had to be done!

Can confirm that this just had its first real test - a flight cased 8x10 bass cab sent scraping past the front! If it wasn't for those handles I'd be missing a few smashed control knobs now!

GOT, your point about it falling uniformly - whichever way it may fall (onto a flat surface) at least one bar would hit the deck before the controls, then the other. Unless it fell onto something that was narrower than the bars. With a fall, the handles would probably get bent and have to be replaced - not such a big deal - but yes, I'd be worried about the internals.

At least it's protected for now from all the other stage equipment (i.e big cabs and flightcases!!).

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the late reply.
    I found the handles online here: https://www.rapidonline.com/me…andle-100mm-black-31-0904
    I bought the larger ones for more protection (and also because they fit the rack hole spacing) but I guess Kemper could fit something smaller to suit the unit by design.

In terms of shock absorption, that's a very good point - I'm considering slipping something like this onto the bars:
    [Blocked Image: https://www.welovevelo.de/bilder/produkte/gross/SoftGrips-schwarz.png]

Ideally I'd have it in a shock mount system in the rack and have the rack rails set inwards about 40mm but that gets even bigger and more expensive!

KEMPER RACK SAFETY MOD - Added Rack Handles
    [Blocked Image: https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21368731_1099685383468320_3959040295627701401_o.jpg?oh=dd3d664a962aa011ba7dba1dc760f0c7&oe=5A1B1F58]
    Having heard the other day about my buddy's rack falling and smashing down onto a table/floor, the only thing that saved his precious Axe FX (and the rest of his rack gear) were the two small rack handles the Axe FX has on either side which bravely took all the impact.
    So it dawned on me that if some bumbling clot were to bump mine over on stage, the front controls of my Rack Kemper would take the whole impact - busting the knobs and probably smashing the pcb they're all attached to. In effect - one dead Kemper and £1400 for a new one.
    So here's my mod - two steel rack handles rear mounted, replacing four of the securing bolts and tough enough to take the impact. Shallow enough to get the Gator rack lid on, deep enough to be well clear of all the delicate protruding Kemper knobs.
    OK the fall (should it happen) may bust the Kemper internals anyway - who knows - but at least it stands a chance now. £6 versus £1400, no brainer.