Posts by deangersmith

Software is all up to date. I'll try again:

I create a performance, edit it, ie: add effects like reverb/delay/chorus what ever, say on bank 1, then I move to bank 2 and create a 2nd one there, ie: a clean sound without distortion etc, maybe with some reverb and chorus. all good, continue on to the other banks doing the same. Save it as store it. A week later I switch on, load that performance and the bank 1 or two etc has not been stored like I saved it, ie: the clean sound will now have an amp on it with distortion, or the delay and reverb are not there anymore, as if I never stored/saved it, it has happened 3 times now, even if I load the performance fro my desktop where I backed it up, the Profiler does not give me those settings I saved/backed up.

Hi Kemper Owners,

Since the release of the new rig manager/editor I have been experiencing a strange problem. I edit performances and add effects to them etc and everything is fine. But after a while of not using the Kemper, I switch on and the settings on my performances are not like I left them before, ie: where I had a clean sound progged, it now has an amp on it with distortion, or when I progged a lead guitar setting with a delay or reverb, they are missing, and the amp sound I had is changed to something else. I backed up the performances before I switched off the last time, but even when I load them again from the backup they do not load like when I previously saved them. It's extremely annoying, I have had this happen 3 times now, is there some kind of internal battery that needs changing or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance....

Yes the internet has killed many small stores, this is a massive chain store, if I bought everything I have tried in there I'd have to take out ten loans, they do well enough, they are huge and have many branches here. If I decided to buy I would rather buy in the store as I can't stand waiting for deliveries, but only if it's within scope of the price online :)

Thanks for the info, I still haven't made up my mind, at the moment I have one Mission KP pedal, it's great for what I need, I am in no rush, I think I might head out to some Guitars shops and actually demo some stuff with one of their Kempers in the shop, I can't stand buying something because it looks good online, and has good reviews, only to be disappointed and then have to go through the whole returns ordeal, with things like this I like to get hands on use before buying online. Maybe i'll just end up getting another Mission pedal :)

This guy from Mission Engineering gives an explanation here -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am using rig manager on MAC OS. It's (2.1.41). It's a real pain in my life. I run the update, everything looks good. I restart Rig Manager (2.1.41) and it pops up the update again, I have now run the update 7 times, and restarted my Mac and Rig Manager, and it keeps popping up the same update. So frustrating, and to top it all off, I am still facing this issue - see previous posts (https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…-list/55315-deangersmith/). I've lost faith in this software. :(

Yes there are a lot of people with the same issue. This is the last response I had from kemper and yes I did open a ticket:

“The sysdiagnosis is an Apple function which collects data in regards of the exact setup of your Mac. If it contains anything you consider private, don't send it. But a sysdiagnosis would help us to find the root of the issue we're discussion. We haven't found a way to replicate it so far.”

I decided I did not want Kemper to have privy to the amount of info in that syslog file from my Mac, Even though I was told that the info is okay to send as it is the same info Apple would use if I had problems with my Mac, I would not send that file to Apple either lol.

If in fact this was only unique to me, it might be a different case. I’d like to know if anyone here has had the same response as I did from Kemper and actually sent their syslog file in and had the problem fixed? This was my last correspondence with them on 14th June.

You were clear the first time, obviously I'd have to send the info myself. I have looked at the logs and I honestly do not have the time or patience to sit and search through them, there's stuff in there I would rather not send just from reading what apple had to say.

The whole thing is rather disappointing.

Thanks for that info, there reason I have not sent it is because this is what I read when they originally asked me and also advised me that if there is any private information on I do not want them to have access to I should not send it. This is what the privacy statement on Activity Monitor says:

This tool generates files that allow Apple to investigate issues with your computer and help improve Apple products. The files might contain personal information found on your device or associated with your iCloud accounts, including but not limited to your name, serial numbers of your device, your device name, your user name, your email address and email settings, file paths, file names, your computer’s IP addresses, and network connection information.

I am not happy with sending that information.

I am also on mac pro 12 core, kemper sent me 3 or 4 different rig manager versions to try, nothing worked. They then asked for a sysdiagnosis from my mac, I declined as I do not know what information that diagnosis contains. I have also installed rig manager on my 2016 4 core macbook pro, yesterday rig manager 2.1.41 (13350) did not want to see my profiler at all, to day it see's it, last week it did the same, some days it decides to see nothing and others it's okay.
    My Mac Pro and rig manager are completely incompatible anymore, as soon as I open rig manager it just freezes the kemper, I have to physically power drain the kemper in order to get it functional again. I am using the rack mount profiler, powered version. I really hop they sort this out soon.