Posts by FreakOfNature

I'm dying to see what you guys think once you get your hands on it. All the sounds I've heard online sound like trash so far but I'm sure as per most things like this, the presets are garbage.

I have both the 500 and the 200 series Kamikaze and Sunburst Tiger I'm a big fan of the Lynch 500 series, since they were made of the same materials as the ESPs. I also have a Burnt Tiger, which is a great guitar. The 200 series is a major step down. That's why I asked. I've been "jonesing" for the green Kamikaze since first seeing the ad. If it's like the 500 series, or the Burnt Tiger, I'm all in. But, if it's more like the 200 series, I'm out.

There's actually a Burnt Tiger near my house that I've been thinking about snagging. It plays GREAT but honestly, I'd actually give this new one I got the edge over it. It just plays THAT good. So yea, based upon you explanations of the 2 models. More like the 500 series.

No no no!!! I was fighting the G.A.S. for this guitar with everything I have, and now you post these pics!!! Hello my name is Lespauled and I'm a guitar-aholic.
    Does it play like the 500-600 LTD series? or the 200 LTD series?

To be honest with you, I've never been a fan of LTD guitars but I was a big enough fan of George Lynch and this was my all time fav of his back in the 80's so I had to give it a go. I gotta say, I REALLY like it! Neck is super sweet and these new George Lynch "Hunter" Sermour Duncan pickups are really sweet. Sound somewhat similar to a Distortion but a bit more articulate to my ears.

Specs:
    DC600
    Trans Moss Green
    Buckeye Burl Top
    25.5" scale / Beveled Edges
    Flamed Maple Fretboard w/ Black Diamond Inlays
    Gold Hardware
    Jumbo SS Frets
    Black back / sides
    Deep Natural Top Wood Body Binding
    Floyd Rose Bridge
    Reverse Pointed / Angled Headstock
    Gold Logo
    Neck Pickup Delete / Tone Knob Delete / Pickup Select Delete

Funny story. So, we got booked on a LAST SECOND gig Friday night (Same day the guitar was deleivered to me) with a national act so I LITERALLY played 5 mins on the guitar before packing it up and taking it to the show. I didn't have time to touch the setup or anything I just played it like it was shipped to me (I had them set it up in 'D' Standard so it was already in our tuning).

2 hour set. I figured I'd maybe playit a song or 2 and then move on to my more comfortable Kiesels. I ended up playing this guitar the entire night. Thing is FLAWLESS in every way. Snapped some quick pics and there's even some Video footage of me playing it at our show!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys. For those of you using it currently with your Kemper. How are you running it? Is it in your chain BEFORE the Kemper completely as in: Guitar plugs into FreqOut then FreqOut's output goes into the Kempter or are you running it some other way? I would assume that if you run it PRE Kemper then using Kemper's Noise Gate won't case any issues with the FreqOut because the Kemper will just detect the feedback as a guitar signal and not kick in I hope?

Is it possible to configure the FreqOut in such a way that it's always on without affecting the guitar tone to much but to just add additional sustain so I could just leave it in my rack and not worry about having something new to worry about turning on / off when I need it?

Let me preface what I'll be using this for:

I currently run a Kemper Powerhead straight into FoH and listen through Ambient IEM's because I still like to hear the crowd and the "Environment" around me for lack of a better term. Unfortunately the sound of my guitar is lacking to me through the IEM's (I know it sounds PHENOMINAL in the audience) so I want something to ADD to my IEM's without affecting what the crowd is hearing (So having a Cab of any sort behind me facing the crowd I'd prefer to avoid). A small Wedge in front or beside me seems like a really solid compromise.

First off, what do you think of this idea? If you're concerned about me not being able to hear the Speakers because of the IEM's, don't be. They're designed to allow in ambient noise I can even talk at normal volume to people and hear them fine with my IEM's in.

Assuming that's a decent route to take, I'm looking for opinions on the CBR10. I see TONS of love for the DXR10 but I don't see the need to pay more for a powered wedge when I don't need it. Anyone using the CBR10 that can comment on it? Especially in comparison to the DXR10 if possible.

Thanks!

Yes there is..CBR range....I know of 2 for sale if your in UK?

Unfortunately I am not. Would you say the CBR range is compatible to the DXR just without the Powered section? I should probably start a fresh thread so I don't derail this one any more than I already have lol

I JUST made the switch to an FR212 from a Celestian Vintage 30 (Cab sim off of course) packed Guitar Cab last week and it was a remarkable change. The clarity and Cut is so much more defined now while still pushing plenty of air so I can feel it behind me. My fist band rehearsal is tomorrow. Can't wait to hear it within a band context!

Hey there! I play in an 80's "Hair Metal" tribute band here in Dallas, Tx. As you can imagine, to do the songs justice from back in the day, you really need access to tons of effects/amps, etc. After exhaustive research of all the different "modelers", etc. I decided to go with the Kemper for a couple reasons. 1. I'm old and Lazy. I wanted something intuitive and EZ enough to understand. 2. I wanted something of an all in one solution. This was the only one that had a built in power amp option (I got the powered toaster).

I already had a Vintage 30 loaded 4x12 so I initially started out with that with the cab sims off. After doing even more research, it seems as though FRFR is the way to go so I don't miss out on half of the equation that goes into profiling these amazing amps (Cab sims / IRs). I stumbled across a really great deal on a Matrix FR212 which I've read decent enough things about so decided to pull the trigger site un-heard. It should be here early next week. Anxious to check it out!

I'm still pretty overwhelmed trying to learn about all the cool features at my disposal now, but I'm getting there slowly but surely :)

Anyways, CHEERS! :)

Speaking of a lack of headstock :) Just got this gem delivered to me yesterday:

Kiesel Vader VX6
    Ferrari Red with Black back/sides in Satin Matte finish
    New Hipshot Trem
    SS Jumbo Frets
    Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    Lithium Pickups