Posts by Ksawery

+1 on the headphones. I'm confident, that you can find a model that will meet your expectations.

To me the Kemper is one of the best silent practice tools I've ever worked with. And I also practice at night with my child sleeping next door. Usually I use headphones for monitoring, through mu interface (not directly). And I love how it sounds.

Hope you can find a way to make it work for you.

@jrowland96

Hey All! Got my Kemper today!! NKD, is that a thing? lol

Once again congrats!!! :)

BTW, Ksawery, I put my JBLs on the Iso Acoustic stands first and played through Bias FX for a bit, since that's the sound I know... To my ears, it sounded noticeably better...

Thanks for your feedback. Will consider those for myself as well.

Can someone please tell me how to get this working with plain ol 1/4 cables and the 2i2? I can get XLR tomorrow, but don't have any on hand now. Do I need TWO 1/4" cables going from the main Kemper L/R outputs into both inputs 1 and 2 on the Scarlett, or I thought you could do "mono" going from the Left Main 1/4" output to Input 1 of the Scarlett?

If you don't use stereo effects you can go mono and connetct just one Kemper out (left or right) into one of your inputs on the Focusrite. You don't need XLR cables. You can do it with a 1/4" cable. Set the input switch (on your interface) to line level.

The green clipping indicator on the 2i2 would light up when I played, and the input and output lights in the upper corners of the Kemper would light up as well... Just no sound at all...

It seems, that you have connetced the Kemper to your interface correctly (the clipping indicator on your Scarlett is indicating that it receives signal from the Kemper). Chack whether the JBL's are connected properly to your interface. Play with the direct monitoring toggle switch on your Scarlett, reconnect the USB cable, check whether the JBLs are on, etc (the usual suspects).

I also recommend sending the raw guitar signal (check the manual) from the KPA to a third channel so you can re-amp after the fact as much as you like.

This is a valid point, however you have only 2 ins on your interface. So if you are connecting only one (mono) out from the Kemper to the interface, you could use the second input for the DI signal (Kemper's direct out).

Did you make sure that the inputs were configured correctly, in Reaper?

You don't need to run Reaper to be able to monitor your Kemper with the Focusrite. So your Reaper settings are most likely not the reason you are not hearing your Kemper. If you plan to record with Reaper however, be sure to check the input configuration.

@jrowland96

Reading your post I thought I'm reading my own story. I'm 30+ as well. Self tought. Currently learning with a teacher and improving. I also play mostly at home, usually late at night. Gear wise I use the JBL LS305s through a Scarlett 2i4. Couldn't get any closer. :D

I never used plugins though, always opted for a hardware solution. Had several amps over the past few years. Decided a few months ago to go with the Kemper over the Two Notes Torpedo Live with an actual tube amp for the sake of flexibility.

At first I had some mixed feelings. I thought the quality of the tone is not up to what I was expecting (I build up my expectations based on those phenomenal Kemper tone/profile videos on youtube). Once I dove deeper I completly changed my mind. It was a kind of acquired taste thing for me. Kemper is a fantastic tool and I love it.

I run it mostly through the Scarlett 2i4 and the JBLs. Works great. Do not feel the need to upgrade to better monitors any soon.

If money isn't an issue, go for the Kemper.

Cheers!

I chose to buy the stock Harley Benton B-180 € from thomann.
    I read many positive reviews (from many users that use it with Kemper)
    and have a 3-year warranty reassures me.

This choice was easy after reading many reviews of the Velocity of users that have reported various problems for temperatures, including the seller of my own city.

Thanks to everyone for the tips!

Could you share your experience with the Harley Benton GPA 400? Would appreciate it. Thanks

Hi.

Ich schließe meine 2x12 Box (über einen Power Amp) an das Monitoring Out des Kempers an. Im Output Menü gibt es die Möglichkeit die Cab Sims für diesen Ausgang komplett abzustellen. Das tue ich auch. Funktioniert super.

@Ksawery

It is not useless with a KPA, but, the global cabinet simulator feature is not needed by a KPA user, because the Main Outputs of the KPA can provide Rig-specific Speaker Cabs to the FOH PA.

There is no need to spend more for this feature than the amount of money needed to buy a completely linear power amp.

OK now I get it. Thanks!

Przesiadłem się z lampy (Marshall DSL, Engl Savage). Potrzebowałem czegoś do cichego grania/nagrywania w domu. Pierwotnie chciałem kupić Torpedo Live, ale ze względu na większą elastyczność zdecydowałem się na Kempera (w wersji toster bez wzmacniacza mocy).

Po uruchomieniu miałem trochę mieszane uczucia, ale jak zacząłem kręcić gałkami to z każdą chwilą szczena mi opadała coraz bardziej ;)

Jakoś nie mogę jeszcze dojść do ładu z Kemperem i gitarą z aktywnymi EMG. Czegoś mi brakuje, nie potrafię ukręcić brzmienia, które by mi odpowiadało w 100%. Nie mam tego problemu z gitarą z pasywną elektroniką.

Pozdrawiam