Posts by Nitternity

There seems to be a small delay added to the signal when using an effects loop. Which I'm assuming comes from the additional A/D conversion required to process the input of the loop. I have been experimenting with a "wet/dry/wet" setup using the monitor output as dry (stack) ouput, and using the main outs for wet L & R. Using a stereo effects loop in the Mod position for my strymon timeline and bigsky. While it still sounds huge, there is a phase issue. I have tried a mono effects loop using just a patch lead to connect the output to the input and the phase issue is identical, thus my conclusion that it is using an effects loop at all that is the issue.

The only way I can currently think to solve this issue is to use my strymon pedals after the main outputs entirely, and this does work. But obviously it would be much nicer to be able to use the effects loop so I can use the output volume, output stereo di, looper, headphones output etc etc.

So I was hoping it would be possible to add a setting to delay the output of the monitor out to match using the loop. Having this happen automatically when engaging the effects loop if it is after the monitor output would obviously be nice if people wanted to be able to turn their effects loop on and off entirely. Otherwise a simple checkbox setting on the monitor output page to set it to match using an effects loop, or even for people who may have massive cable runs / obscene amounts of pedals in their effect loop; just a variable setting to add delay to the monitor output.

This might even be useful to people on stage who might be hearing their main outputs from fold backs at a slight delay to their own monitor from their monitor output, they could simply adjust to suit.

Hope this is posted in the right spot as I don't believe this is actually a bug, but would be nice to have fixed. While I'm at it, somehow having stereo out for the stereo effects loop would be amazing too, but I assume this is physically impossible with current rack/toaster hardware.

Cheers :S