Posts by BakerySpecial

OK. A little premature for full review, but WOW! I just pulled the trigger on a Kemper Power Head, Kemper Footswitch, Mission EP1-KP Expression Pedal and a Mission KM-212P. Received it all yesterday. Needless to say, I am very impressed by this set up. It is my first foray into the modeling world. I can tell you that after playing traditional amps my whole life, having a real cab like the KM-212P makes me feel at home. I did trying a number of FRFR powered cabs (I own two powered wedge monitors and powered mains I use for small gig PA). I just couldn't jive as well with the tweeter presence and HI-Fi sound of the powered wedges and/or mains. I much prefer The Mission KM-212P. This cab still retains the high end for use with, say.. clean fender profiles, but really gives up the goods when you run dirty Tweed, Marshall, Bogner, /13 etc... profiles. I play mostly low to mid gain vintage sounds. I definitely prefer the cab sims on, and I hear the difference when switching profiles of the same amp through a different cab/speaker. The vintage rocker in me is satisfied with a slant 2x12 cab and huge authentic 4x12 sound of the KM-212P, and the modern guitarist in me loves the versatility of the Kemper. Best of all worlds IMHO. First show with the Kemper is Saturday. I will report back and upload a clip. I plan to run the cab on stage and also run a feed to FOH. Best thing about the Kemper is the separate EQ for these two application so I can dial back the presence to FOH and keep my killer KM-212P sound dialed in on stage! I need a 1x12 version of this cab for super small gigs/grab-n-go. More to come...