Posts by 4enima

Hello kemper-forum & bassplayers,

finally I got my EBS back from the repair and created some profiles.

M = Modern Mode Profiles
    V = Vintage Mode Profiles

The Half & Full Gain Profiles are with neutral EQ (means Treble full left, Mids full right, Bass full left at the ValveDrive)

Unfortunately the repair was quite expensive and maybe some of you would like to support me. Thank you guys ;-)

Hope you like it

cheers
    4enima

I am currently using a 1HE Synq 1k0 with the Kemper. (2x 550Wrms @4ohm or 300Wrms @8ohm, 1080W bridged @8ohm)
    Small and easy setup for gigs with provided bass cabinet. Works great

For gigs with my own reinforcement I plan to buy two JBL EON 615 or db Technology Opera 15, I am still uncertain.
    I recommend 15" speakers if you want to buy an active speaker. It makes a big difference if there is an Alto TS112 or TS215. Much deeper and better sound with bassguitar.

komme aus der Rheinpfalz-Gegend, also Mannheim ist nur 10min weg
    Unser Kemper spielender Gitarrist ist direkt aus MA (ich bin für die tiefen Töne zuständig)

I play bass guitar at home via Presonus Eris E5 and have no problems.
    Bass peaks can already be violent for some speakers, but your speakers should be able to cope with these at not excessive volumes.

It is normal that the bass signal is subjectively quieter than a guitar signal. Your bass has a huge dynamic range - compared to the guitar, very high peaks and a low overall volume. This is one of the reasons why many bassists use a compressor at the beginning or end of the signal chain to control the huge dynamic range. This reduces the peaks and increases the overall volume to a level comparable to that of the guitar.

Hello bassists,

I am looking for bass speakers with different horn variations/volumes.

The bass cabs I have tested are great, but often they are too musty and without trebles (for my taste).

Without cab or DI-profiles (currently I play them most of the time due to the lack of treble) the highs are sometimes too rough or too loud - especially with distorted sounds X/
    Furthermore, most cabs give the bass signal a compressed, thicker low end, which I sometimes miss when recording.

I think it would be great if you had a selection of cabs with different horn settings to find the right sound between musty cabs and hard DI profiles :thumbup:

Or maybe you have other tips to help me reach my goal. I've already tried the EQ and highcut but haven't gotten the results I wanted.

cheers
    4enima

First, i would try to get "my" sound only with the kemper rigs and effects, but this need some time.

If you still missing something in your sound, connect your needed stomps to the effect loop. The effect loop can be placed in the effect section where ever you want. I think this is the better or more flexible way than using them in front of the kemper.

I think all the kemper effects have high/studio quality sound and many possibilities for configuration
    Whether they sound better than your stomps? I dont know, I think that is subjective thing

It sounds like your main problem is to chose only one profile :D but to have a bunch of expensive pedals and preamps do not necessarily give a better sound than one good set profile

Hi,

I have seen that threads/requests already exist with the concern, but i can't comment them (maybe to old)

There the requests are about a adjustable mid-frequencys for Bass in the Stack-EQ, but i tought it would also be cool to get an simple (bassamp like) EQ like this:

When the Rig Instrument is marked for Bass, than the EQ changes automatically to the Bass-Version :)

these are actually all DI-Profiles

I dont know how i should mic the stack. 15"+10"+horn must be mixed togheter for the full sound, i think thats to difficult (to me) :S

by time i try to do some profiles (only one speaker) with my Shure beta 58a or Beyerdynamic Opus 99

Hallo Kemperer,

ich spiele hauptsächlich meine E-Bässe (aktiv wie passiv) über den Kemper und habe dabei folgendes Problem:

wenn ich in einem Rig den Gain verändere, hab ich grundsätzlich einen recht hohen Lautstärkeunterschied zwischen low & high Gain. Also die Cleansounds sind um einiges leiser als der Distortion Sounds. In der Anleitung und dem Kemper-Youtube Tutorial steht man kann das ganze über den Cleansense ausgleichen. Über den Cleansense wird der Unterschied zwar geringer, lässt sich aber auch mit +6db nicht ausgleichen.

Ich hab dann bei unserer Bandprobe am Kemper unseres Gitarristen gegen getestet, auch dort das selbe Problem, also an meinem Kemper selbst liegt es nicht. Ich vermute wohl eher an der großen Dynamik des E-Bass (oder meines Anschlags). Denn gerade wenn ich in der Probe bei hoher Lautstärke spiele und den Gain erhöhe um mehr Verzerrung in den Sound zu bringen, schiebt gerade der Bassbereich um einiges mehr (extremes Hosenbeinflattern :D ) und die Lautstärke steigt an. Daher denke ich der Distortionsound wird im Gegensatz zum Cleansound einfach komprimiert und lauter.

Wenn ich in den Rigparametern mit Compression, Clarity, usw spiele, passt es besser mit dem Lautstärkeverhältnis zwischen low/high Gain, aber bin mir nicht sicher ob das Sinn der Sache ist.

Daher die Frage an euch, hat jemand Tipps für mich wo ich am besten ansetzen kann oder wie handhabt ihr das mit eurem Bass?
    Mir ist auch klar, dass ich mir am besten fertig angepasste Rigs mit entsprechend eingestelltem Gain & Lautstärke anlege, aber gerade am Anfang in der Findungsphase, würde ich natürlich gern einfach mit einem Handgriff mal mehr Gain reindrehen können ohne alle möglichen Parameter anpassen zu müssen.

freu mich auf eure Antworten ;)