Posts by mmartin046

I still use the Husky bag and have had no issues with it. Remote goes in the front pouch, cables in the back. KPA in main compartment, knobs facing inside pockets; exp pedal set up next to it inside.

It's a really decent, sturdy bag. The inside pockets might be the most annoying part, but if you maneuver the knobs around them a little bit everything fits nicely.

Which amp are you trying to profile?

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

I should say that it's been a lot easier making clean profiles of this amp. They are not what you'd call 100% accurate but they sound very good and haven't required any post-profiling refining (a major plus in my book). More often than not I have ruined profiles during the refining process and have to start all over from the beginning.

As a side-note, a lot of times profiling the same amp over and over gives considerably different results, and feels a bit like playing the Kemper slot machine.

To me, the way the distortion breaks up, it almost sounds as if the reference amp is using a noise gate.

No noise gate, no pedals; UFO noises straight into the amp. There is a gate-y sound in the sample from toggling between the reference amp and Kemper version but it looks like you're talking about the character of the distortion.

To me the Kemper version sounds almost like an mp3 of the reference amp recording, throwing away (characteristic) high and low end information. Over computer speakers they sound pretty much the same but the difference can be heard with decent headphones / monitoring setup.

@Tritium,

I have read the reference and profiling manuals ;) .

I have spent a lot of time trying to make profiles with some level of distortion and have had little success. Whether from a pedal in front of the amp or from the amp itself, every profile has a "dull" top end or just doesn't behave like the original. Refining helps some but it changes the character of the profile in other ways and, to my understanding, was considered unnecessary since a firmware update in 2015 or so. Attached are two audio clips to demonstrate my experience. Each has a lightly distorting Deluxe Reverb playing a looped phrase while I toggle between the reference and Kemper amps (in that order) after profiling. Can provide more clips if necessary. Please chime in with your two cents. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/…ZbUFCZVk/view?usp=sharing - pre refine

https://drive.google.com/file/…6amFza2M/view?usp=sharing - post refine

I just got this bag but cannot fit the Remote atop KPA as depicted by OP. Can stick the Remote in one of the front zippered pouches but was hoping to use those for other items. With Remote on Kemper in main compartment, I cannot manually make the zippers touch. The bag is stock; nothing has been moved or removed inside. Is there something I am missing?

The KPA remote is lovely but even with the sloped design I find myself stomping two buttons at once (ex. 1 and ^ buttons) when I did not mean to. Happened at least 3 times at gig tonight. Aside from a redesign in which the buttons are staggered horizontally, what to do?