Posts by KipG of Earth

Hi Guys,

This is going to be a super basic question, but sometimes I get stuck on the dumbest stuff. So while I will appreciate the inevitable funny answers, I want to say thank you to the person who just steps ups and helps me out. So thank you in advance! On to my stupid problem...

Kemper: Toaster version

When I establish a performance of 5 rigs, I have ALOT of trouble changing one out. For example, yesterday I wanted to completely erase rig / slot #3 and I ended up with very different yet diabolical results.

I deleted the slot in rig manager, and attempted to copy / paste a new rig in from my local library directly in to that slot. Looked good on rig manager, but on my actual Kemper, it pasted over my rig in slot one. I had to work furiously to get my main tone back in time for a gig last night ....yes, I know...back it up, back it up, back it up...I had backed it up last week but made some major tweaks this week. =O

Second attempt, I tried to change the rig in slot #3 by using "browse" on the Kemper itself, and rolled it to the new amp. This worked except the new rig had all the previous amp, cab, EQ, and FX settings, which I did not want.

To keep this from becoming a novel, would someone please give me a step by step of changing out a rig completely in a performance? Again, thank you much! :)