Posts by Stephtell

I checked rigmanager but can't seem to find it? Can you maybe point me in the right direction? I searched for 'delay preset pack' as well as 'delay' but I can't find it...?

Haha! I'm the same! I keep talking about it to my mates, drives 'em crazy!

The cool thing to me is that it's easier to get a good sound out of it than a 'proper' tube-amp, in the sense that you can easily switch musical styles without having to set it all up again.
    Also, when playing metal you can get extreme sounds at normal volumes that you just can't get with amps like the Engl (best sounding metak amps ou there if you ask me!)...

My Kemper uses the latest software version and came with quite a few effects.

However, is it possible to download more effects from somewhere either for free or paid?

Thanks guys!

Well, I must admit it hasn't improved the look of my living room...there used to be a Marshall JCM with 4x12 in the corner and now there's a BlueAmps 2x12 with a Kemper on top and it looks rather...silly...but at night with the whole christmastree lit up it is a lot better!

The Engl was nice with the red glow but the Kemper outdoes it with many more led's!

Oh wait, and it sounds shit-hot as well!

Right then:

I've set up a rig and assigned 4 effects under stomps and then proceeded to assign them to the remote and stored the lot.

The led's associated with the stomps do light up on the remote but I can't switch the effects on and off?

I can on the Kemper itself, but not with the remote...so what did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help and/or advice!

:)

I have the BlueAmps Beast, FRFR/FRGR 450 watt RMS 2x12 cab and it's very, very good!

You can switch between FRFR and FRGR by using different cables and the cab is very well made and sounds...well like a beast!

Seeing as I've just gotten hold of my Kemper and I have yet to figure it out I'm using the cab in FRGR-mode as that sounds great, FRFR sounded strange but that's most likely down to the fact that I've no idea how to use the cabsimulations properly and haven't set up the global EQ or anything yet.

The cab has much more OOMPH in the lower regions than say a Marshall 4x12, and at lower volumes.

Not cheap but well worth it!

Now then!

Steph here, all the way from Holland.

I used to swear by my tube amps...a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100, Engl Powerball II, Engl Tubetoner and Vox AC50 Classic Plus.

Oh, and by my Strymon effects!

So the other day I walked into a guitarshop, had a look at some nice Soldano's, Victory's and Jackson's and go chatting to the owner.
    He tells me about this thing called a 'Kemper' and points out a device that, in my mind, resembled a 1982 clockradio from Russia. Bought in a supermarket.

And so I told him.

He then tells me I should have a go on it and I tell him I don't need to because I'm not going to buy it anyway as it will be shit, as are all things non-tube...

He then hooks it up regardless and starts playing.

Oh dear...

I was really looking forward to ripping the piss out of it but I just couldn't!

I sold the two Engl's that night, and all of my Strymons the next week!

So now I have a Kemper sitting on top of a BlueAmps 'the Beast' where once stood my Marshall JCM...

It looks rather silly and a bit lost but it sounds like...well...anything I want it to sound like!

Loving it!