Posts by Nangko

What?

Just what it says: the ability to mute the guitar signal for the headphones out, so you can just hear the aux signal alone on your headphone or IEM's.

Why?

I'm using a wired in-ear monitoring system and I (or the monitor engineer) wan't to control the entire monitor mix from one device. Because simpler = better.
    Now I'm bringing a separate headphone amp next to my Kemper and I need a power adapter + extra power socket on stage. I wan't to get rid of this because simpler = better.
    Kemper already made setting up my rig a lot simpler (just the Kemper and remote, no micing needed it is the dream!!)

But If I just could mute the guitar on the headphones out from the Kemper, I can feed my in-ear monitors from the Kemper headphone out and I don't need my separate headphone amp and power adapter on stage It would make it even better. :)

Can't you just mute the guitar signal in your monitor signal?

Yes (and sometimes no!), but when you do it, you need to work with the Kemper and the monitor mixer. That is two devices you need for controlling your entire monitor mix, and that is a lot more complex if you do it your self, but almost impossible if a monitor engineer wants to make a perfect mix for you.

Didn't you posted something like this already?

Yes, but this feature request is a more simple request than the request I posted before:

Headphone mixer as an extra Output page

That request introduces more flexibility for the user, but is harder to implement I think.

So therefor I'm posting this much easier to implement (i think) feature request, and hopefully I can ditch my headphone amp soon and I'll be able to setup my rig even faster on stage as before! :)

Maybe a first release for this request would be just a "mute guitar" toggle for the headphones out.

I think (can't know it for sure) it would be a small update to the firmware.
    It would solve my problem of bringing a separate headphone amp, and needing an extra power socket on stage.

The whole feature request for a "Headphone mixer as an extra Output page" would introduce more flexibility, but I think wil be an update with much more develop/testing time, and it is also a bit in "conflict" with the "Aux In Volume can be controlled separately for MAIN OUTPUTS and MONITOR OUT/HEADPHONE OUT" feature.

I have created a separate post for this simpler feature request here:

Output section > "mute guitar" toggle for headphones out

My impression is, these are functions, which even cheap digital mixing desks offer. Our band uses a Behringer X.32 Rack and every band mate can control their monitor mixes via a smartphone app, which is free of charge - even more than three signal sources can be mixed per band mate.

If you cannot eliminate the guitar signal from your monitor signal, why do you even feed your monitor signal through your guitar amp - the PROFILER?

Well, because you (or monitor engineer) want to control the entire monitor mix from one device. (simpler = better)

Mixing all sound inputs in one page for your Headphone output, Instead of mixing aux signal into your guit mix. [See the attached image for an example]
    This will make it very easy and more flexibel to create your perfect IEM mix on the fly.

Return Input = Aux in L
    Alternative Input = Aux in R

Default settings will be for a stereo Aux in, when selecting Aux in Mono, Aux in L = summed to headphone L+R out and Aux in R = Also summed to headphone L+R out, so you can mix 3 different sources to your headphone.

Also, if the monitor mixer engineer can't give you a mix without your guitar signal (because you must share the same monitor mix with other musicians) , you can tun your (internal) guitar volume to MUTE to prevent phase issues.