Posts by PulseFour

It's now 4 days past the due date, the world cup has started and I haven't heard anything from Kemper so I'm guessing they didn't want to use my video?

That's fine, not everyone can make the cut. But I would have appreciated a declination letter so I don't keep eagerly checking my inbox to see if I was selected.

Has anyone been notified that their video is being used?

Hey all,

I have previously been running my acoustic through an L.R. Baggs Session DI running into an L.R. Baggs Venue DI. I love the sound, but it would be awesome if I can condense my rig even further by running acoustic through it too! Then I could sell the L.R. Baggs stuff too.

Does anyone know of any great profiles that might fit this need? Perhaps a Neve profile or something?

The Session DI has some features that I'm not sure how to replicate in the Kemper though. It has a really nice sounding saturation knob that makes the guitar both warm and sparkly. It also has a COMP-EQ knob that works wonders for removing the quack of acoustic pickups. They don't say publicly what the knob is actually doing other than the vague description on the knob.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
    Cheers :)

The DXR10 is standing upright on a piano stool, 3ft away from one wall and 6ft away from the other wall.
    So it's aiming at about my waist.
    However I'm standing about 9ft away, so I would have thought at that distance, the direction shouldn't matter too much as long as it's pointing in my general direction.

The LSR305 is also about waist high (maybe slightly higher), and a very similar distance away from me

Hmm yeah I guess that could be it, but I am playing them pretty loud. Enough that it was fatiguing to listen to, and much much louder than I usually run the JBLs. Probably around the same volume as I would go in a rehearsal room. The JBL was also able to match that volume though.

Ugh. I can't find a good FRFR speaker. Everything sounds terrible compared to my JBL LSR305 monitors.

First I bought a Matrix FR10 and wasn't happy, and today I got a DXR10 in the mail. Sounds very similar to the FR10.
    Both speakers sound incredibly choked up and muddy compared to the JBLs.
    I've tried all the DSP and HPF settings.

Can anyone recommend something that actually sounds good? Even cautious to take recommendations now since both the other cabs I've bought were on many many recommendations on Kemper forums and groups.

Seriously considering buying an extra LSR305 to take around everywhere...
    A $200 speaker shouldn't be beating out $700 speakers. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. [Blocked Image: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/fcb/1/16/1f641.png]

My dream is to be able to carry my Kemper and Remote in one hand, FRFR in the other, with my guitar on my back.

I got SO close! I bought the XSpro 4u rack case, and strapped the remote to the inside of the lid. So I just need to take the lid off and put it at my feet, ready to go! I got the idea from someone here on the forums who also did it.

Unfortunately, the XSpro case is wood, and wayyy too heavy for me to be carrying around all day. It weighs 4x as much as the kemper.

I've been looking at the Gator 3U Rack bags, which have a pocket on top, but apparently the pocket is slightly too small for the remote.

Any ideas?

I am interested in this case, as my current case is wayyyy too heavy for me to lug around every day.

However, I really want to be able to fit the remote in the case. Can anyone verify if the Kemper Remote will fit in the pocket of this case? I can't find capacity of the pocket anywhere. I have contacted Gator support but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible no.

Rig manager has been the worst part about Kemper for me so far. It's so buggy when used with performance mode.

"copy" often doesn't register.
    Today I copied a rig over slot 3, and then I went away from that performance and came back - when I copied it, it somehow overwrote slot 2 <i>and</i> 3.
    Often it won't switch to the performance you are trying to get to.
    Sometimes it will swap the rigs around but keep the rig name in the same slot.
    When you copy a rig into a performance slot, sometimes you have to keep swapping performance slots, rigs etc for it to register from Rig manager to the Kemper.

And I feel like I've encountered more, too...

The main reason I want an editor is because it will probably fix these issues. I don't even care about being able to change effects parameters or anything.

Just to be clear, the underlying issue here is a misunderstanding of the Kemper workflow, so I think it would be good to clear that up! (I'm only just starting to truly understand it myself by the way)

When you 'change amp' you aren't actually changing the amp. You are changing the 'rig'. A rig is a preset that includes, stomps, amp, eq, cab, effects, rig volume and so on.

Thats why the stomps were being removed- you weren't changing the amp, you were changing the whole rig.

I remember the first time I tried the delay on a kemper in an in-store demo. I was disappointed that there was only 1 knob to control the modulation.

I just had some mates over to have a look at my new Kemper and when I was showing them the delay, one thing that seemed to be a huge turn off for them was that the delay didn't have modulation parameters. They were saying things like "I'd have to keep my timeline and put it in an effects loop..."

Please add this to the KPA! Would make it a drastically better product, in my view.

I know that Delays were only recently updated, so i probably sound greedy... but oh well! :P

I'm pretty new to this, but I've tried a lot of the free rigs from The Amp Factory and almost none of them sounded good to me. There was a nice plexi, but that's about it (to my taste).
    I've had much more luck with the Britt profiles.
    It might come down to the guitar - I use a tele, and found the britt profiles great, and the Amp Factory profiles too bright.

Usually it seems people say that Britt is too dark, so maybe it comes down to the fact I'm using a tele.

Haha Paul that reminds me of this video on the Kemper channel.
    One day I will count how many times he plays that bluesy lick. I'm guessing its 30-40 times.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just an update: I'm loving the Kemper more and more every day!

After trying the EQ trick yesterday I loved it, and then went back and forth between loving it and meh....
    I spent more time with it today, looking through all the profiles and It's been much higher percentage Love compared to just a little bit of meh.
    Hopefully tomorrow I'll be fully in love!

I'm finding that I have to adjust my high cut for each profile individually. I can't find one setting that I'm happy with for all profiles. I'm ranging from around 5.5k to 8.3k.

Thanks so much Finally and Rod, the EQ in slot X has solved all my issues :)
    It's such a shame that we have to waste an effects slot on making a profile sound good but oh well. Hopefully in a future firmware update we can have a graphic EQ in the amp section.

I'm really loving the Kemper now with this EQ! :) They should put that in the manual haha.