Posts by xxxJakexxx

Old thread I know but let me share some wisdom that has made me love my Kemper for bass.

You want to use the parallel path feature and you want to cut high frequencies to taste and you want the mids and high end running through a guitar amp profile or something higher gain. I usually high pass the at at around 180hz or even higher, until it sounds correct. I use an external compressor, Empress one and just get it to level out the signals and then I use a little compression to hold the two sounds together at the mixer.

The biggest problem most people have is they dont attack the bass correctly. You have to have a really clean, hard attack, pick or fingers. Its not a pluck its a hit, through the strings. Fresh strings and you got it

Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of a second Kemper to run a stereo rig but the ideas of lugging even more gear for my shows is daunting as im trying to find ways to make set up easier not harder but I love duel amp rigs.

I mainly use a Vox style amp as my core tone, so I was thinking about picking up a UAD Ruby and running that along side Kemper for a duel amp set up, no speaker, silent stage IEM set up.

I was thinking that the Kemper has Parallel Path so would it be possible to route the Ruby through the Kemper some how and manage all FX through that? I dont need left and right separation although this would be amazing to have as an option but if they just stacked on top and I could plug direct into the Kemper.

What do you think?

Have your frontman tell a funny joke while you are tuning down. 8o

I AM the frontman! :P

Thanks for the responses guys however I have tried everything suggested before... in the stomp as an effect and also in the rig itself and it still fails to be activate so I end up playing a riff that is supposed to be transposed but its not resulting in a train wreck on stage

When I am using the transpose function on the Kemper, maybe 1 in 10 times it doesn't not actively engage and I start the songs in the wrong tuning and it is a disaster. I play live most nights and this even happened at a showcase for the company I work with and it was a disaster, it was recorded and was infront of alot of people at a theatre. The only thing I can suggest is getting the Digitech Drop and using that but come on... The Kemper should work and its disappointing!

Does anyone have a solution? Its fully updated and I need a solution and not carrying spare guitars for a tuning that is 1 semi tone down.

Jake