Posts by Alienator

After updating to the latest FW I have problems in performance mode:

I can´t save stomp and FX settings per slot any more. Whenever I turn on/off an effect or stomp in a slot it will remain in that status when I change the slot no matter which status had been saved before in that slot.

Pure Cab macht die Wiedergabe über ein FRFR- Cab der Wiedergabe über ein Gitarrencab ähnlicher.

Der veränderte Klang ist auch über Kopfhörer und dem Ausgang - egal welcherArt - zu hören.

Wäre interessant zu hören, wie die Meinungen zu diesem Klang sind. Vor 3 Jahren noch war Pure Cabinet anscheinend der Heilige Gral. Heute raten viele hier im Forum und auf YouTube dazu, das Ding abzuschalten, damit der Kemper endlich wieder aufblühen kann.

Wie gesagt, den Klang selbst finde ich nicht schlecht, nur reagiert der Amp für mich bei Dazumischen tonal irgendwie nicht mehr wie er soll. Schwer zu beschreiben.

Denderwegen ja meine Frage nach Erfahrungen und Meinungen :).

... ein uraltes Thema anscheinend.

Ich allerdings habe es erst heute entdeckt und bin hin- und hergerissen. Mich würden eure Erfahrungen und Meinungen zur Verwendung der Pure Cabinet und Space Funktion interessieren.

Voreingestellt war in meinem Kemper jeweils ein Wert von 3. Der Wert des PC verändert meiner Meinung nach neben dem Klang auch das Spielgefühl bzw. was "rauskommt" wenn man so oder so mit oder ohne spielt.

Ergibt das Sinn? Hintergrund: Ich habe ewig nach einem Sound für ein neues Lied gesucht und war nie zufrieden. Es hat entweder nicht geklungen wie ich wollte oder das Profil hat nicht so "reagiert" wie ich wollte. Nachdem ich ein neues Profil gekauft habe bin ich nun näher dran. Ohne Pure Cabinet "reagiert" der Amp für dieses Lied jetzt eher wie ich will, klingt aber nicht ganz so gut wie mit Pure Cabinet...bilde ich mir ein.

Oder doch nur alles ein Fall für die Psychiatrie? Wie sehr ihr das? Also mit dem Pure Cabinet, nicht der Psychiatrie.

||

Here comes an apology for Christoph for my rather emotional statement about my wishes (see above).

APOLOGY

I simply love my Kempers and want the brand to remain the best on the market in every aspect (as I said... routing, UI, etc.) Thanks a lot for the reasonable reply that you are listening even if sometimes feels like you don't.

This basically sounds like the bigger Helix floorboard which is already good, of course, especially its FX. I already use the line6 HX Effects along with my Kempers because the Kemper's stomp models are not that good.

B U T ...

... what drives me totally nuts here is simply that Christoph Kemper still sleeps the sleep of the Daydreamer concerning his customer's wishes. I, personally, love ONLY the AMP SOUND of my 2 Kempers. They are long outdated when it comes to my all in all needs that are among others a much more bigger and better UI, better portability, a floorboard design, simultaneous use of more than one amp, more and better drives, pc editors, ETC...!

Having said this again and again it still is not one bit of a reason for fellow Kemper users to still excuse this with: "but I don't need anything else ". So what? I DO! And others also do. Better have and don't need it, than need it and not have it, right? Other brands don't sleep as you see.

If Line6 comes around the corner with a Helix Pedalboard that can have profiles and exactly that Kemper (or "better") quality Amp sound it will not only be me that will be sold. I claim there will not be one single one Kemper user to have a reason to keep their old Kemper other than nostalgic reasons or because they want to repeat that old boring song "But I don't need more".

Move your ass Kemper! I still love your Amp sound so much, it is the best digital amp sound imo. So why do you break my heart repeatedly by remaining quiet and by not announcing at least 4 new products:

1. Kemper 2 as a full floor board version
    2. Small Kemper 2 floor unit with ONLY Amp profiles.
    3. Kemper 2 Head
    4. Kemper 2 Rack unit

Do it. Or line6 will do it when the time has come to have that profiling patent permission freely available. You think that nobody can copy that in 2018?

So, habe gestern das Teil an meiner Remote angebracht. Top! Sieht endlich gut aus (hatte 1 Jahr diese hässliche Folie dran :thumbup: ). Super robust und man erkennt nicht, dass da ein Schutz drauf ist. Toll.

Habe eben nochmal 2 für die screens meiner beiden Kemper bestellt! Die sind zwar nicht wirklich in "Gefahr" wie der screen von der Remote am Boden (außer man hat keine normalen Fingernägel sondern Werwolfklauen) aber wer hat der hat... :thumbup: . Und so kann ich alter Foliennerd diese hässlichen Folien entfernen (ist so'n Tick - ich kann diese Scheißfolien nicht entfernen. Geht nicht, alles sträubt sich innerlich. Jetzt bin ich endlich geheilt. Yippieee :S ).

just wait...

...when Kemper will release its brand new all in one wireless floorboard unit with optional instrument cable plug, 15 switches, a huge colour display, 1 gazillion new FX and stomp box models, capability of mixing 2-3 profiles in one or more single/parallel signal paths, an intuitive dream user interface .... this won't be a problem any more. All that will come in a ready for the road, light weight case...

...so just be patient a little longer.

:(

Oh ok, now I understand (or maybe not). Short answer would be then:

No, you can't control the HX FX via CC only with the Kemper. To do this you would need another controller (or similar device that spits out CC messages towards the Kemper) that uses the Kemper's midi through option to control the HX FX via CC. But the HX FX is itself a controller that can control everything by midi (even the Kemper)... so :pinch:

... update???

...so if I understand this right, you have to connect the Kemper midi out with the HX FX midi In and also the HX FX midi out with the Kemper's midi in?

So you can make the Kemper send out a pc midi out for preset change to the HX, and the HX will send back a CC midi info to the Kemper that will make the Kemper forward this CC information to the HX again to make it change the desired parameter of an effect or change snapshots within a preset???

HUH??? Feels like rocket science.

8|X/?(

Why isn't it possible for the Kemper to simply spit out CC messages like even 80ies gear can do?

The Kemper will send PC messages to the HX FX. There is a list of the PC numbers HX FX manual. So changing presets within the HX FX from the Kemper is no problem. But there seems to be no way to send CC messages from the Kemper, which for me is unbelievable. This means that you can only change presets in your HX FX but no other parameters like snapshots or effect values etc.