Posts by pauloremigio

Hello All,

I'm Paulo, I'm from Portugal, 40 years old, father of two and I've been playing since the early nineties.

Early on I was really devoted to learning the art of shred and put in many hours into the study of music theory and guitar specific exercises ... I got to be quite good and by the age of 17 I was teaching jazz/blues basics at a local music school and playing in several bands.

I played some original stuff at first and later on in cover bands, trying to earn some extra income and figuring out if I could make a living out of music,
    I played hundreds of gigs through my high school/college years, I also used to master demos for some local studios, at home, I had quite a good ear and knew my way around multi-band compressors, limiters and that sort of gear.

Life got complicated, I got quite fed up of it not going anywhere soon and I set my Les Paul aside.
    Got married, got a job, started a home and didn't touch my guitars for over a decade.

Now on my second kid, steady job, steady life, Last year I picked it up again! I caught up fast but I don't shred like I used to, my playing style matured I guess, I'm much more of a rocker nowadays.

As a father of two young children, I immediately began searching for a way to play at home, either using my headphones (HD25's) and/or near-field monitors (now a couple Yamaha HS7's which replaced my old Absolute Spirit Folio's) or using my old 4x12" (a late nineties silver grill Marshall 1960AX with greenbacks) within reasonable volume.

I looked into Line 6 stuff at first (had the original POD back in the day but was never really into it, it always sounded fake to me, ended up selling) and also considered some small valve amps but ended up stubling upon the Kemper and the Chapman/Andertons reviews really convinced me it was the way to go and a few months back I got one! (The lunchbox model with power-amp and the remote)

I LOVE it! Most of the sounds in it didn't really convince me at first but then I got some Michael Britt profiles and really started enjoying it.

It's been a struggle trying to find a live setup for it, my 4x12 is a beast and is not going anywhere soon (doesn't fit my car, lol .. would have to borrow the wifes mini-van, heh!) ... but I got it sorted now. I got a couple Orange ppc112's, converted them to open back and stacked them up .. they sound HUGE! .. and are very light and portable!

My stuff:
    1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Slash pickups
    2017 PRS Custom 24 Fire Red, modded to 3 position switch and tone push pull coil splits.
    2011 Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop, heavy relic blonde, 54 Fender 60th anniversary celeb model
    2016 Fender Telecaster American Special Vintage, stock
    2017 Ibanez JemJR White, stock
    19?? Washburn Dime36 G17 with Seymour Duncan hot rodded set pickups (Jazz + JB), some Gotoh hardware upgrades and full electronics upgrade
    199? Yamaha APX-4A-SPL Acoustic Guitar, Active
    2000 Ibanez Soundgear Prestige Bass, Active, 4 String (bought NOS, recently)

Kemper Power Head + 2x Orange PPC112's modded to Open Back
    TubeWorks Provalve 60 Head (custom built off a combo)
    Marshall 1969HW Super Lead Plexi 100 watt head + Marshall 1960AX 4x12" cab + Rivera Rockcrusher Recording Attenuator
    Marshall 1974X 18W combo (1x12") + Marshall 1974CX 1x12" cabinet

... and a couple pedaltrains full of stomp-able fun :)

No bands, No pressure, Now I just play for fun and to relax off from work.

Nice to meet you all, hope to trade some knowledge with you guys (and gals).
    Happy playing!