Posts by Chris39

Set to external, the card found 44,1 khz but still no signal in the kemper, though i can hear the DI signal out of cubase by monitoring the soundcard. For now i will go for reamping over my other interface and not SPDIF. let there be no trouble pls <X

edit: nightlight, thanks for your help!!

Back home and will check that. For guitar recordings im using only the internal soundcard as interface since my other interface UR44 Steinberg doesnt't have SPDIF connectors. Besides,this trouble here and the permanent switching between those interfaces let me think of getting another external interface with SPDIF stuff.

Thanks for your help! :)Did that before and now again but theres no signal going into kemper. I tried on the DI out channel both the right and the left side of SPDIF. Input Channel input from the right side of SPDIF. Still theres no input recognized by the kemper so the result is i just that i hear the DI signal but no translated kemper signal. Tested right after that again the SPDIF connection between kemper and cubase and put a guitar into the kemper which works very well in Cubase to record via SPDIF in stereo. ?(

hey thanks alot. Tried it with the right channels but still no success. It looks like its all about 1 problem, that i dont get the DI-Signal into the Kemper. For testing i deleted the output track and testing only with the DI track to get the signal into the kemper. But no way. The same as insert effect on an external FX track with only right channels used.

I uploaded a screenshot of the interface of my soundcard, there you can see the signal is going on SPDIF out R but nothing arrives Kemper. Theres something called DirectWire on the card, maybe i need to configure stuff there first? but i have no clue what to do there.

hey there,

trying for hours to get reamping work with my soundcard ( ESI Juli@ ) in Cubase and im loosing. Watched some tutorial videos but still no success, it looks like my Kemper doesn't get an input signal at all, while the SPDIF stereo connection works fine, so theres no trouble at least with the cable.

What i've done so far on the Kemper: Set input Source to -> SPDIF Input Reamp. Output->SPDIF OutPut ->Git/Stack( i also tried already all the other options here )

In Cubase i set up an FX Channel, created an external effect with a mono send on the left SPDIF channel and mono return on the right SPDIF channel.

I then inserted the external effect on the FX channel and routed the DI-Signal to the FX channel, but nothing happens. Though i could monitor the SPDIF out channel on my soundcard and hearing the DI-Signal. But no reaction on the kemper, its input light is off.

I also tried somehting different in cubase and created 2 mono audio tracks. One DI track routed to mono out to SPDIF and another one for the reamping stuff with mono in from SPDIF.

What im i doing wrong or is there anything else i could try? thx :)

Mit dem UR44 hatte ich noch die Möglichkeit in Cubase "Direktes Mithören" zu aktivieren, wodurch die Buffer-Einstellungen tatsächlich irrelevant waren. Leider ist diese Funktion unter Verwendung der Audio-Karte nicht zu aktivieren, keine Ahnung warum. ( vllcht weil Asio 2.0 verwendet wird? Kenne mich da nicht aus)

Dann könnte ich noch an der Soundkarte direkt abhören, allerdings mit sehr bescheidenem Sound und Schwierigkeiten, so Parts einzuspielen. Mal schauen, vllcht gibts ja noch eine Alternative. Im Moment ist es ganz okay mit insgesamt knapp 10ms Latenz einzuspielen, allerdings nicht die Optimallösung.

Moin :), ich bin seit einiger Zeit voll auf 80s-retro-Trip und würde gerne zu dem Signal meines Kempers Effektgeräte aus der Zeit hinzumischen. Nun habe ich 0 Plan, wie man sowas anstellt. Habe mir dazu bereits 2 Effektgeräte auf ebay geschnappt. Mit welcher Hardware( evt. Mischpult? ) kann ich die Effekte nun einbinden? Das 'Mischpult' sollte auch als Audio-Interface tauglich sein, da ich darüber letztlich dann in Cubase aufnehmen möchte. Ich würde diese Effekte, wozu dann sicher noch mehrere dazu kommen, auch gerne so in die Musikproduktion mit einbinden, dass man bspw. eines der Effektgeräte mit einer Gesangsspur nutzt. Danke für jede Info!!

Hi Ingolf, Danke für die Info. Habe die Karte nochmal komplett neu aufgesetzt und nun funktioniert es zumindest mit akzeptabler Latenz bei 256 Samples. Ein Faktor für die erhöhte Latenz war noch ein EQ-Plugin auf dem Master Channel in Cubase.

thx

Hi, habe mir die SOundkarte Juli@ von ESI besorgt, um SPDIF vom Kemper zu nutzen. Funktioniert alles soweit super bis auf die enorme Latenz. Zum einen kann ich im ESI Treiber die Samples nicht unter 256 setzen, da bereits bei 256 vereinzelt Nebengeräusche auftreten und darunter der Sound zum Knisterhaufen wird. Zum anderen kann ich in Cubase kein direktes Mithören aktivieren. Jetzt frage ich mich, wie ich überhaupt in dieser konstellation etwas aufnehmen kann. Der Sound kommt selbst bei 256 Samples wie bei einem Echo in den Boxen an. Hat da jemand eine Idee?

Gruß

Christian