Posts by MONKTON123

Hi Guys,

I now have the kemper remote and already have the Van Halen pack by Top Jimi. My question is how do I assign effects from these commercial profiles to the remote so I can kick them on or off - for instance the phaser or flanger from the Top Jimi Van Halen profiles for different sections of the songs ? Grateful of any pointers ?!!

Many Thanks

Hi Guys,

So I went to the store yesterday and tried out Yamaha and Focal's. To me there was a big jump from the HS5's to the HS7's and not so much between the 7's and 8's. The Focals Alpha 65 sounded (slightly) more open than the 7's but not enough for me to spend the extra.
    I was drawn to the HS7's in terms of the sound quality and physical size of the monitor for my room.The in store expert agreed the 8's would be too much and I think I got a good deal at £350 with Samson stands thrown in.

I got them home and finally got set up this evening..... WOW what a difference in stereo. It makes such a difference for delays etc and just playing along (well trying!) to some U2 it felt amazing.

Distorted tones too were incredible. The commercial profiles I have did sound very slightly more trebly than the single Alto PA speaker but I just tweaked the EQ and it was sorted.

There is a little bit of low volume buzzing with the distorted profiles is this normal ? I have the volume on the monitors at 12 o'clock ?

I have only had a short time with them but the impact was instant so glad I went for it. I cannot wait to get playing again and that inspiration for me is worth every penny as I am only just on the border of beginner/intermediate.

The HS7's are great but I realise this is subjective when you are trying these things out so can only recommend you go and try different ones in store and make your own mind up based on what please you. But definatly stereo set up all the way for me.

Thanks guys for all your advice on this I really appreciate you guys taking time out to help a beginner like me. This is a great forum!

I have posted another question on EVH Sammy Hagar era tones if anyone has any advice on that one much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Hi Guys,

Got the Kemper and Remote in December and looking for some quality Van Hagar era profiles. I am learning 5150 (the song) so something to match that tone would be awesome!

I am new to all this and pretty non technical having previously only played with a practice amp (please be gentle !! ;) ) so a profile that includes the effects built ready to plug and play would be amazing. I know the Kemper now has the harmonizer but would not know where to start ! I have seen the post from Liam Thompson on the settings but struggling.

Any help or sharing gratefully received.

Hendrix and SRV profiles/pointers also gratefully received.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Just got my Kemper and totally blown away with it.

I am a bedroom hobby guitarist and just play along to songs and backing tracks - I will never be playing live.

The guitar store recommended an Alto TS210 which I went with and it sounds great but I am reading that the Kemper sounds so much better in stereo.

Given I will only ever be a bedroom player should I take it back and get a good set of monitors ? Maybe Yamaha HS8's ? Will they sound better than the single Alto ? The room is approx. 3m x 3m.

Or is something specifically designed for the Kemper such as the Friedman ASM-12 going to be better ? Are monitors as good as the larger active speakers ?

Sorry just upgraded from a practice amp/pedals so all this is very new to me!

Thanks in advance

Cheers