Posts by Clibbus

Burkhard I Am using the bank LSB Method
    And as far as I can tell our playback person is only starting each track and it is just one PC Change per a song ( Maybe 3 or 4 if it is switching a bank, but that is only in one or two songs)

It did not happen at last nights show but I would like to figure out what caused it three nights ago as it was the only time I have experienced it on this run.

A couple notes that I thought it might be leading up to the failure:

- The first unity is OS 8.7 (This one did not fail) the midi through of this unit is sending to the unit that did fail which is running 8.6.6.
    They are on separate midi channels though

- I did notice that the venue cut power before i powered them down properly and when i powered them up at the show where the failure occured they were already in the on position.

- I had a cable in each of the rear usb ports, not plugged into anything external, but just there in case i need to connect for any quick edits

** I have since removed the connected usb cables, and made sure to practice proper start up and shut down procedure for the shows moving forward)

Being that it was the only time i have experienced this I am wondering if it was more related to a power or hardware malfunction rather than a software issue.
    Support said to update to the 9.0.5 OS but given that we only have pretty big show/ festival days left on this tour I am hesitant to do any updates day of, especially if it has only occurred this one time.

Hey all , during a show yesterday I had a kemper freeze at a patch change which was quite frustrating as it was playing an electric patch on an acoustic song. I ended up having to reboot. **When I initially tried to turn it off it would not do so

The Kemper is receiving patch changes Via Midi From Ableton out the through of another players Kemper.

Signal chain is:

(Playback Midi out> Kemper 1> through> Kemper 2 (the one that froze).

Any insight as to what could cause this?

UPDATE:
    After another Trial I have come to find that it is having the backslash in the title that has been causing the issue, still curious if there is any additional input / any other similar snafus I should keep an eye out for when doing backups.

I have spent a good part of the day trying to figure out this issue while working on files for two different Kemper's. I would do all my editing in rig manager save it to the KPA and back it up on the usb.
    I would the bring the usb to my computer to back that up in another location and rename it on both the usb stick and laptop . After loading up a different file on the kemper i would try to reload the previously created backup and it wouldn't show up as an available file. Example : I would name the file Post REHEARSAL 5/25.kpbackup.
    I eventually tried changing the name to emit the date and it has now reappeared in my available backups on the stick. It would appear that this was caused by me changing the backup name but I don't understand why the numeric characters would cause it to not be seen as an available backup?
    Has anybody experienced this that could provide some insight?