Posts by ameristos

Separate from this feed going a little off topic about using the wrong jack, my toaster is doing this now - and it's definitely plugged into the correct output, with the right settings - as it was working fine, then yesterday, started this stuff.

It sounds like it isn't pushing enough power and is gating it - I've tried with all stomps and fx and stacks off - and it still does it.

Can anyone update what had to happen with theirs to work - did it require shipment to Germany - turn around times???

Hear My Kemper Audio Issues

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not running OS7 yet (is that still in beta?), so maybe it was slid into "Release 6.0.0.14574" and I never noticed till I started tweaking the output settings again. I'm not always the most observant. Ha!

Random question. What does your screen show if you turn the Master Volume knob? I could've sworn mine used to say Monitor, but now it says PowerAmp - I can control the monitor out level, but the indicator shows PowerAmp. I do have the powered toaster, but in the Output menu, page 7, it's turned off.

Oh, and here's what is weird - The cable is plugged into Monitor Output on the back - but, if I turn the power amp on in the output settings, and let's say, set it to 6db boost, it affects the monitor out level / cable / signal. Is this right? I don't have anything plugged into the Speaker Output for the power amp.

Am I losing my mind or did that used to say Monitor? I was playing with running a line out to an amp (just for fun), and tweaking some settings in Output - did I change something? How do I change it back?

Running Version Release 6.0.0.14574
    OS Build Date: May 17, 2019 11:35:47

I just logged in to start an A/B thread and found yours. I use snapshots, but that isn't the quickest way to hear edits instantly compared to the original. I would love an A/B option. Maybe there's room for it in the Rig settings so you can adjust all you want, go to rig and press a button to hear the original and back to the edits.

I agree. Over $1200 (with tax) is hard to justify. It's crazy that they go up to $3100. I'm considering this one, but that's still $700.

Really, I just can't stand noise in my signal and have tried the $200 and under options and want the Kemper to sound like it does in my home studio when I take it out for live work (I do a lot of orchestra pit work for musical theater productions, so noise isn't something that helps sound design).

What if I went something like either of these? Furman P-1800 AR or Furman M-8X AR

A lot of the reviews mention quieting noise. I know reviews are hit or miss, but this one sounds close to what I'm trying to accomplish:

"After years of going gig to gig and having my guitar rig go from being dead quiet at one venue to noisy (hiss, 60 cycle hum, etc.) at the next, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Furman P-1800 AR. Now my rig is dead quiet everywhere I perform."

I don't use a rack unit (I have the toaster) and could use some help cleaning up the electricity I'm connecting to.

I might try the Furman AC-215A listed above. I do a lot of orchestra pit work, and some of the theaters I work in have horrible power - often mixed with lighting and other things, and my gear goes wild when the lights are on/off/etc...

I've tried a Monster Pro Power 2500, Hum X, Furman SS-6B 6-outlet Power Strip, and changing ground lifts (and sometimes removing using an adapter). It works ok on a modeling unit like a Roland GR-55 or Boss GP-10 (especially if I use the midi cable) - but the Kemper has better sounds, and I've been trying to use that more often, but get a wicked buzz from theater power.

Any suggestions on getting a good clean signal? I'll admit, I don't know a lot about the electric side... At home, all my profiles are very clean.

Excuse this post if it was already asked, and if so, please let me know where... I searched but couldn't find this topic and I'm new to both the forum and my Kemper (about a month).

Is there a way to move stomp / effect slots - essentially reordering the signal chain? I know there is a copy / paste, which I believe works if I want to move from Effects slot 4 to 1.

But, let's say each slot is full. Can I move one slot with the other, to re-arrange them into a different order?

Thanks