Posts by Dimi84

Interestingly enough I had made profile for sevenfold tracks for friend's covers band a few weeks ago.

May do a quick playthrough of this track and post to compare it to yours when can , if I remember, which I won't.

I like the tone here for sure. It's got some of the character you expect to hear from sevenfold.

o.k. - I was just making fun of myself! I and others here heared a "Kemper Signature" on a recording of an Axe. I think this is quite funny

I did (well, in regards to usual differences, not sure what kemper sig means) my friend (also profiling a lot, studio guy) did, everybody that I know of who expects a certain difference between kemper and source tone did, who listened.

With kemper I've seen 2 scenarios most often : in one the mids are way off, whether it be about multiple distortion stages or some modelling sim causing this, or just the way some amps work.

The other scenario, the ideal one, is where profiling works at its best. Then the mids for me lean towards a "ts" direction on a smaller level but are meaningfully more accurate than the previous scenario.

So hearing this test, what I thought was that this is a bit more of a scenario 1 than 2.

But thing is there's also been some reports of a few amp sounding profiling darker - - kraken, one of them, if I remember, gave me such problems too.

But these are far in between, very rare, in my experience. So I didn't think this is what could have happened here, and tweaks were geared towards a bit of an opposite direction perhaps.

I cut the Bass by .5, boosted the Treble by .5 and boosted Presence by .6. In the Studio EQ, I set the low-cut to 58K, added .1 dB to 1227 Hz , boosted 9K by .3 dB and boosted the High Freq @ 8590 by .2 dB. Very small tweaks, but they helped.

This is I think a very rare case of profile sounding darker. I initially asked for info, but being super tired atm, didn't realize the info is about helping a darker profile get closer to source. I'd be more interested in such fixes when it comes to usual results of profiling.

As per now, I may lower definition a bit, bring back pick attack slightly and add a slight 110hz boost. But you could possibly come up with some more sophisticated eq tweaks for these cases.

Thanks for answer though.

So now I know: There is definitely a "Kemper Signature Tone" on the Axe-FxIII - cause I still can hear it :D

What is a kemper signature tone?

If it's about "relatively consistent differences between source a kemper", that's one thing.

But to test such a thing you need a big sample size imo. I myself almost never seen a profile sound "darker" than source.

It can happen with some amp but super rare in my experience. I suspect profiling that axe amp Sim just didn't work as well.

But for sure the kemper sounded way better to me here no question (just as a side note).

Before I reveal the answer to which sample belongs to which unit, it's worth noting that I did tweak the Kemper profile to match the Axe-Fx III preset the best I could. I tweaked the Treble and Presence and added a couple of bands of EQ using the Studio Equalizer. The Kemper profile was originally darker than the Axe-Fx preset. So, without further ado:

Clip #1: Axe-Fx III

Clip #2: Kemper

Still quite surprising.

Could you perhaps share what EQ fixes where done using the studio equalizer exactly, what frequency, by how many db?

Things have developed.New shootouts should be valued by these developments..These clips are not good.They do not stand for the Kemper or the AF3.Period.

But is this relevant when evaluative framework, in this case, is to emulate a source tone? Whether we like the tone or not seems to me to be a different matter.

I could see the connection if the axe tone was something you wouldn't expect kemper to be able to profile well, or say if innacuracies are caused for some particular reason in a given case.. but maybe not just in terms of whether we like a guitar tone or not.

Improvement is good.

But just comparing the Axe to the Kemper is not an improvement.

Comparing axe to kemper is not itself an improvement, true.

But surely there's been user-made tests that drove improvements on some level. How about aliasing, the illustrations, tests and eventual fix with more processing power allocated to minimize aliasing, even post-fix tests confirming the results?

I like such testing because it helps battle one's own biases. Surely this isn't always welcome. But I also think testing as a whole is elemental for development, on several fronts.

On that end, surely companies themselves do much of this. There would have been no kemper or axe fx without all kinds of extensive testing, never mind a pod. Users can also contribute, even if in seemingly less important ways.

These ways can include reporting back on beta releases, conducting sound tests or presenting other discoveries. Much of this goes on in companies to begin with, of course -- at times, I would argue, on a surprisingly similar level to what some users do.

Haven't read through the whole thread: but since mods encouraged requests ... for me what's most important is having everything that is available on the hardware UI be accessible from the editor. The point of struggle with every-day use has been having to reach out to kemper. If clean sens wasn't an option in the editor -- hypothetically speaking -- I'd still have to use the hardware. That's something I really want to avoid having to do. This includes the profiling function as well and reference vs amp section.

''Still not as good as my tube amps...Arrrggggh!''

thats allowed you know to use both, your Kemper and your tube amp (separately or at the same time) and be happy with whatever satisfied you so you wont have to complain on Forums.

He's asking for tips on a forum largely based on support in order to improve his experience with kemper. Clearly there's often room to learn more and get better results.