Posts by mars8000

To me, i think it's a big market for this particular case. I've not seen any company that has a 16 cabs imprints technology yet and not to confuse with IR's solutions out there . Fractal , Helix and tube guys will be happy to find that they can play 16 different cabs into one cab.

Thanks guys! But let me put this on a clear picture. I don't want to use kemper for it's preamp but just steal the imprints that i can use with my full tube amp (preamp + power amp ). I have a JCM 800 and 4x12 kone cabinet and i just want to use the imprints from KPA somehow, of course it will be coloration from my JCM 800 and that's intended since i'm not using KPA preamp or rigs. and all i want to use the Imprints technology to get the Imprints :) Does it make sense ?

Guitar > JCM800 AMP > X ? > 4x12 Kone Cabinet

I have a non-powered KPA and I'm aware that Kone Imprints are controlled from the Kemper DSP only. I was wondering if i can use them externally for my tube amp. Will this work or anyone might think of a better idea ?

I was hopping that Kemper can sell A DSP box that does the imprints for external gears :)

Method 1:
    Guitar > KPA > KPA ( Amplifier & EQ are off ) > Monitor Out > Tube AMP input > Speaker out > 4x12 Kone

Method 2:

Guitar > Tube AMP > tube amp FX Send > Kemper input > KPA ( Amplifier & EQ are off) > Monitor Out > Tube AMP FX Return > Speaker out > 4x12 Kone

So if i need to adjust a level of volume from Powered KPA > speak out > Guitar Cabinet, should i use the master volume or the monitor output ? i felt that when adjusting the monitor output, the sound gets more body to it

Does it mean the monitor out and it's volume considered as a preamp and Speaker out as a power amp ? The reason i'm asking cause i don't why when i adjust the monitor out to for example to -20db, the same volume number shows up on the master volume at -20db. Shouldn't they be on a different control ?

I should say that increasing the volume made a huge difference in the body sound. Also i have noticed that KPA stores the profile with EQ turned on. when i turned it off, the profile sounds 99% identical to the real amp.

I though to share my profile , these are my settings:

Direct profile (cab off ) and not a studio, you need a cabinet to test it, not FRFR :)
    Guitar: Tokai LS128F with Seymour Duncan APH-2s Alnico II Pro
    Cab: Friedman 2x12 with V30's

Real amp settings:
    Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x reissue
    P: 6.0
    B:6.5
    M:6.5
    T:4.5
    OUT:6.5
    lead:10
    Gain:6.5

Download the profile:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mars8…+2018-04-03+08-34-25.kipr

I'll make a recording of the real amp vs kpa when i get a chance.

Do you guys leave the return volume at the default settings or should i raise it too ?

So far good results when i increased the volume pretty high and the tone sounded full as the real amp, expect for the mids like everyone mentioned , they are pretty low on the KPA and i have to increase it.

Hi all,

I'm using Kemper Powered to profile (direct profile )a Marshall AMP head with 2x12 cabinets with Kemper DI box. The tone is exactly as the real amp expect for the full body presence of the real amp. I've played with Power Sagging, definition, clarity ,etc... but the real amp still thicker ? I'm plugging the the outputs the amps onto A/B switch box to compare and tweak the sound at the same time. Am I missing other factors that can KPA sounds thick as my real amp ?

The reason I couldn't do this during profiling, using the reference/amp sounded 100% identical but the results look different after you plug each one of them to the cabinet.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks all for this amazing amp, great job...