Posts by eetfuk1988

I'm quite new to the KPA but I can tell you how I do it.

I'm the oldschool guy who still prefers his fullstack in the rehearsal room. When playing live the changover times are short and there's often backline that is already miced up so we just plug into the cab(s) available.

My approach is to find a profile that has a cab which is similar to my cab. If you have a Marshall 4x12 with V30s or T75s you should be able to find or buy some decent profiles. I recommend merged profiles (packs) so you have the best sound possible via cabinet and main out. Tweak you profile so that it sound best via main out and than do necessary adjustments for your specific cab sound with the monitor EQ in the output section. This might also be necessary if you play over a different cabinet or if the cab is placed differently in the room. This way I can have my blasting cabinet sound (I often add some bass) and the FOH is happy because you made sure it sounds good via main out in the first place.

I play through a fullstack consisting of a Marshall JCM800 cab with T75s and a Marshall 1960 cab with greenbacks. Sounds awesome!

I'd recommend you get a used Marshall 4x12. You can usually get one pretty cheap and there's just nothing like a guitar cab working hard to shake your bones.

ok, I figured it is indeed related to the profiles. Maybe something went wrong during the merging process, I'll have to contact the author about it. When I use different rigs as base it seems to work fine.

But nonetheless it appears that there are situations where rigs volume can be totally different over monitor out and main out. Does that mean, I always have to check both when I make any adjustment? If so is there a way to adjust only the monitor volume of a rig? Does not feel very reliable I have to say. Imagine I am on stage adjusting something and suddenly my rig volumes are totally messed up over FOH but I'm not aware because it sounds fine over my cabinet... any ideas?

Hello everyone,

I recently got my powered KPA and I'm quite happy with it so far. I use it with real guitar cabinets in the rehearsal room and on stage. Main to FOH is rarely used, but I want to have the option if someone wants to get my signal directly.

The problem ist that the volume changes between rigs are different on monitor output and headphone output. Means: I setup my performance at home via headphones, rig levels were just fine out of the box. I dragged the KPA into the rehearsal room to perform final tweaks over the real cabinet and suddenly there where significant volume changes between some rigs over monitor out (within the same performance). The profiles are all merged profiles from the same amp (and cab/mics etc.) that I bought from TopJimi.

When I even out the volumes in the rehearsal room and store the performance my rig volumes via headphones are messed up. I assume that the differences on the headphones are the same that would go out via main out, right? What am I doing wrong here?

best regards
    Alex