Posts by dutch99

Trying to get a rig set up so when I put a pitch pedal in it will activate over the volume pedal. EP-1 pedal works fine assigned to volume on all rigs and when I put a wah in a rig the wah becomes controlled by EP-1 as it should (WahPedal>Volume is checked in rig settings.) However there is no Pitch>Volume setting to check in the rig settings as described in the manual under expression pedals section that will enable the same precedence for the pitch pedal and when I add one it is ignored.

Guide me wise sages!

I am curious about how everyone goes aboutLeveling the volume of different patches for live performance. Many of the gigs we play we have to bring our own PA and don’t have anybody to run sound for us so when I switch patches between songs I need an overall level of consistency between patches. I then use my volume pedal to tweak up and down the level. I create all my parts then save them in the performance mode. During rehearsals I tweak the volumes up and down as needed, but we aren’t rehearsing at gig volume Because were in a fairly small room at my house. It seems like each rehearsal isn’t consistent though and sometimes each song being louder or softer due to just how we’re playing that day. Some of you are probably in a situation similar and I would like to find out your strategies.

You can build one easily for about 10 bucks if you know how to solder a wire to a post. There is a thread somewhere here in the forums about it and I have built a couple of them successfully.

is there a way to access my snapshots while in performance mode? I often do some tweaks to a rig and snapshot it planning to add to performance slot later after a gig but Icant seem to access the snapshots. I dont want to save over a rig in browser or create a new one and name and save during a gig. thought snapshots would be a quick way of doing this.

After I clicked on the local library folder first to "activate" that folder, then dragged to the local library it worked. I am so used to be able to drag something to any folder on a PC that I didn't realize you had to first "focus" on a folder by clicking on it and showing its contents before dragging to it.

Thanks for your help!

I have expanded the "All rigs" and "All presets" folders. when I try to drag and drop one of these presets it gives me the "anti" sign over all destinations except "my profiler" and "Local library". When I try to drag to those it gives me the error message that I quoted in previous message post.

I have tried the import function as well as drag and drop. Downloaded the presets again as well. Always get "Rig manager didnt find any suitable files to import.This happens if the items are unknown or damaged".

BTW paults love your horn presets in exchange. Using one for guitar emu of horn lead in Segers Old time rock and roll and the crowd loves it!

I was trying to import these into rig manager and audition/transfer to kemper from there but gives the error "did not find suitable file type. files may be damaged". Do I have to use the USB method, I thought rig manager could do everything the USB method could now.

My locked button on my toaster is lit. I think I locked some parameter but don't see/hear what one. If I hold the lock button all buttons go dark except rig stays lit, which seems strange as I can broswe rigs as normal. I seem to remember about a quick way to tell what parameters are locked. i have scanned the manual and forum but have not found an answer. Thanks for any input.

Kevin

I can’t comment by myself but I know this product sells well and had a solid reputation here. https://keyztone.com/

I have this product as well as an older line 6 variax. I found the keys tone exchanger to be a handy sculpting tool and it does a pretty good job of making hum bucker sound a lot more single pole like I really like their P90 pick up setting. I hardly ever use the variax as it is one of the first series and the actual guitar doesn’t play as well as a lot of my others so I end up gravitating to my higher end guitars in combination with kemper and the Keystone exchanger for pick up simulations. YMMV.